A four royal day!

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: A four royal day!

Post by olds442jetaway »

Nice going Wildman!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Wildman, I'm not critical of your play and I occasionally make quick play mistakes myself.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Tedlark wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:53 pm
Wildman, I'm not critical of your play and I occasionally make quick play mistakes myself.
It's all good Ted I never really planned on sharing these vids, was for me just to see my play and maybe see a royal happen. I knew I played fast but seeing it is an eye opener. Changing games a lot I am not getting my mind on that game sometimes. Was playing a bar top and after several hands was like where are the deuces, I was on JOB and not holding face cards. :x

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

When I jump from some of the games on this site, I occasionally have to stop and think what game I'm playing so as not to screw myself up. Going from Quick Quads to some other game, for example.

Congrats again on your nice start to the new year.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Been there done that Wildman. The crazy thing is at the time I realized I was playing JOB ( probably a good 2 minutes ) I was ahead. I had held a single 2 and 3 more popped up. 🤪 It was also a bartop. Prone to distractions there. I will be doing a lot more game switching in 2024. I have found out the hard way and it makes absolutely no sense that some games stay cold the entire session and some will stay hot. Of course the textbook answer is that is just the nature of Randomness. If nothing else, it will make one feel better not to play the same game and or machine until bankroll busts.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:02 pm
I will be doing a lot more game switching in 2024. I have found out the hard way and it makes absolutely no sense that some games stay cold the entire session and some will stay hot. Of course the textbook answer is that is just the nature of Randomness. If nothing else, it will make one feel better not to play the same game and or machine until bankroll busts.
As usual, the devil is in the details. I concede there's no harm in switching to the same game on a different machine. But we all know it won't stop with that. Next step is switching to a lower EV game, or deviating from optimal strategy because of how the cards are running, or holding incorrectly because of forgetting which game you're playing.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I’ve been tempted to switch to lower EV machines. If it ain’t 99, it ain’t my kind.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

FAA wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:56 pm
I’ve been tempted to switch to lower EV machines. If it ain’t 99, it ain’t my kind.
But, if you don't play full coin, it ain't 99 anyway.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

FAA wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:56 pm
^^^ What he said (sorry).

The central paradox of superstitious gambling is the belief that short-term results are meaningful, but long-term results are meaningless.

As applied, I can obtain valuable information playing a machine for only an hour. I know whether it's hot or cold, streaky or trendless, etc etc.

But if I enact my techniques for thousands of hours without success, I cannot conclude anything about the validity of my techniques. I just have to try harder.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Thanks for the continued reinforcement. Full throttle for 6/9 quads last trip. Playing with both fire and the machine prevented a break even day.