Bizarro World 2024!

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: Bizarro World 2024!

Post by FAA »

Nor do I. But it’s obviously gained enough traction over the years to be a consideration. Sudden Death to Sudden Anarchy.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:32 am
Stevie Wonder would have seen it. It has become convention to “let them play” and overlook this in the final seconds. That’s what media/former players were arguing.
The rules are the rules. I don't subscribe to the notion of *well, they didn't call it all game".

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yes rules are rules. Had that drummed into me throughout school. And once or twice by the Principal. 😬. A very good and fair guy though. Circa…….1962 😬

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Short version. Another bust. Nothing hit worth mentioning. No discipline failure either.

Karl_EDT

Post by Karl_EDT »

olds, are you a sports bettor at all? Does the Mohican SUn and Foxwoods have a Sports book that is on a par with other Big Corporations like MGM and Caesars? I have meant to visit through the 2 connecticut establishments next trip down the US East Coast but I might wait until later this year when football resumes. I do not like betting baseball even though others say it is easier to win at baseball betting if you know what you are doing, and are patient and disciplined.

And like you I enjoy watching the women college hoops games, Uconn Paige Bueckers will be a great professional if she can stay healthy.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I don’t do any sports betting. Mohegan Sun has a venue for it, but I don’t know the details. Not sure about Foxwoods. I’m sure their websites will spell it out. I haven’t been to Foxwoods in over 5 years since they did away with their quarter 99 percent machines.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

If you bet UConn all tournament, you would have raked in a few bucks and personal satisfaction all at once. Obviously, let go thereafter.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I did predict on another thread SC would take the Championship. The men should be able to take Purdue tonite, but it could be close and who knows. I didn’t think the UCONN girls would take it all, but I’m glad they were in it. The game tonite with the men is no gimme.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Very strange experiment at Bizarro. I got my clock cleaned again last night and that was without discipline failure. Just hit nothing in 8 hours. Here’s my experiment…..This morning I had just 10 free play and 10 dining. I used up the dining with a good breakfast sandwich and coffee. The 10 freeplay is the shocker. Same game as last night, but with an inferior pay table. Put no card in. ( still an 800 for bet one machine ). I bet just 5 cents, waited for 40 net losses ( 2 dollars ) and then bet 10 cents and repeated the pattern same as usual. Went back and forth for 2 hours. Same 10 freeplay, and finally hit quad deuces for a whopping 10 buck win. However, I cashed out 23.65 so more than doubled my money. Last night they got another 800 from me. I couldn’t even get 10 percent off them on my dollar play. Coincidence???? Will find out a bit more tomorrow evening with my trip with the Mrs. I plan on playing just like I did this afternoon starting with just 5 cents. No card in. I don’t want them to see me betting that low.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Stunning. Sunday soaker is a rinse and repeat of Thursday torture. Not the kind of movie I’d rewatch. I’m checking into therapy after those doozies. Second verse is same as the first for UConn in a 75-60 rout. They trailed for 96 seconds.