Celine and Joe Walsh

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
MikeA
Video Poker Master

Celine and Joe Walsh

Post by MikeA »

Last night on CBS Celine Dione had an hour long special.  Nothing at all wrong with Celine.  But the show for me was worth watching just to listen to Joe Walsh (James Gang and Eagles guitarist and songwriter) accompany her on guitar!  Fantastic.  It's on YouTube now:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTIuXQ6EmAE 

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

Mike, I don't care for Celine Dion(even if comped) but I had to watch because I like Joe Walsh. Life's been good to me so far......

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Mike, I don't care for Celine Dion(even if comped) but I had to watch because I like Joe Walsh. Life's been good to me so far......Joe's something special alright.  I've met him a couple of times and went broke traveling all over the country attending "Eagles" concerts a couple of years ago.

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

Mike, Thanks for sharing. That performance was SO beautiful! I felt like I had missed or spent a royal when I realized I had missed that CBS special and this helped compensate! 

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

For those of you who don't know who Joe Walsh is, he started out with a group up in Ohio called the James Gang back around 1968 or 1969.  They blew open the power trio nitch in the US and were more or less the US version of Cream.  The "Who" took notice (Pete Townsend particularly) and booked them as an opening act.  Joe stayed with the Gang for three top selling albums and then went solo.  In 1976, Joe joined a California group called the "Eagles" and has been their guitarist ever since their monster album "Hotel California".  Along the way, Joe continued his solo career.  I've heard him play "thrashing" style like Steve Vai but Joe was brought up with a classical background in music and knows when to accompany and when to take center stage.  Known throughout his career as "The Clown Prince of Rock" Joe is always bringing his sense of humor to the stage, sometimes to the chargrin of Glenn Frey and Don Henley of the Eagles!

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

Mike, it took a song called" Rocky Mountain way" to discover the talents of the this Joe Walsh character. Along the way, he cut a few solo projects but I best remember him for "in the city and Lifes been good".

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Mike, it took a song called" Rocky Mountain way" to discover the talents of the this Joe Walsh character. Along the way, he cut a few solo projects but I best remember him for "in the city and Lifes been good"."Ordinary Average Guy" "Walk Away" "Funk 49" Turn to Stone" "Tend My Garden" along with the two you mentioned are his best known works, but there are so many more that he's done that were not "top Forty" numbers.I think maybe the best song he ever wrote and performed is one that most do not recall.  It's called "The Confessor".  Amazing song!