HISTORY of VP

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
jm002546

HISTORY of VP

Post by jm002546 »

I'm curious how long it has been around.  Was the first game 9/6 JOB?What is the highest paying game you have seen offered?  And when did the computer strategies come into being?

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

I'm curious how long it has been around.  Was the first game 9/6 JOB?
What is the highest paying game you have seen offered?  And when did the computer strategies come into being?

Google- Video Poker History there are a number of sites devoted to it. The game we see today was developed by Si Redd in the 1970s.  The 1st game was called draw poker and was in fact JOB. The highest paying JOB is 9/6. Didn't see any info on the publishing of strategies but I suspect they also started shortly after the game was introduced.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Why wasn't I taught this in school?  All we ever learned was boring stuff like the lightbulb and the telephone.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

I was never able to go to school where I was bought up. I was just determined to make something of myself, so I am still trying. I do have this coin tossing thing down pretty good. I can fry some mean chicken and cornbread.

I am going to reach that 1000 post mark yet and be a master member. Not bad for and old guy in a wheel chair writing from cell block CC.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Why wasn't I taught this in school?  All we ever learned was boring stuff like the lightbulb and the telephone.

OK, say wing, wing,  wing  three times real fast.