Oops Gang, I goofed.

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Oops Gang, I goofed.

Post by Tedlark »

Hey Gang - I was in Eastern Iowa Saturday night and Sunday. I was playing low limit, nickels, as I want to save most of my budget for Las Vegas in 2 1/2 weeks. I hit three royals on Saturday, one in nickels on 10 play and the other two in pennies om 100 play.

I got another nickel royal on Sunday morning for $200.00. My big oops was that while I was playing 10 play I got dealt 4 deuces while playing deuces bonus and stupid me I thought I was playing plain deuces wild and I kept the 5th card which was an 8. I should have dumped the 8 and gone for the ace and possibly earned a few thousand more nickels.

So the lesson for today boys and girls is to ALWAYS know what game you are playing and not be an idiot like I was today. Good luck to all, Ted.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Oh no!

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

Ted, perhaps you were a little tired, a little distracted, or a little of both. Any way you look at it, the home version would have read MAJOR ERROR! Yes kids, always pay attention to what you're playing and what you're doing also!

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

I'll admit, I was playing DDB once while I thought I was playing Deuces. I had been playing Deuces all morning and was disctracted talking to someone when I sat down to the machine, so I just started playing.  Fortunately I only went 10 hands or so before I realized something funny was going on, and I didn't miss out on any big hits.

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

I sat down at a DDB machine in Oklahoma a couple of weeks ago and knew I was in trouble when I couldn't decide whether to hit a 9-iron or an 8-iron on a 135 yard hole!  My mind tends to wander.

rfonlymama

Post by rfonlymama »

Tedlark we've all made that type of mistake.

Were you in Dubuque this weekend or the Quad Cities?   I was in Dubuque at both the greyhound park and the diamond jo.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

I sat down at a DDB machine in Oklahoma a couple of weeks ago and knew I was in trouble when I couldn't decide whether to hit a 9-iron or an 8-iron on a 135 yard hole!  My mind tends to wander. Mike, stick to stormchasing, you'd have better luck!

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

I sat down at a DDB machine in Oklahoma a couple of weeks ago and knew I was in trouble when I couldn't decide whether to hit a 9-iron or an 8-iron on a 135 yard hole!  My mind tends to wander.

Admit it you don't have irons anymore.

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

So the lesson for today boys and girls is to ALWAYS know what game you are playing and not be an idiot like I was today. Good luck to all, Ted.

No offense, but better men (and women) than you have made the same mistake.    I usually catch it after playing a few hands.  Um, er, I mean I've heard that OTHER players who make a silly mistake like that usually catch it after a few hands.  ()

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I was so happy about being dealt the 4 deuces that I just pumped my fist and held the five cards. I wouldn't have even noticed it until a woman playing two machines down from me pointed it out. I told her if I were dealt a royal I would know what cards to hold, lol...

RF, I was in Bettendorf. I stayed at the Isle of Capri and spent time at Rhythm City too. I have had good luck at Rhythm City the last couple times we were there, I hit a quarter royal on New Years day this year.

Mike, no comment about your golf game.

Ted