Nice new contest!

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Re: Nice new contest!

Post by marie meijer »

My top score: 14,345  (personal best dealt hand: 10,000 dealt quad fours, w two K X 5) 5th place score: 9,095.  Finally a royal, last day. FUN contest, hope there's NOT another any time soon! LOL. Ready or not, tournament May 1st. Congrats to first place! 

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

New2vp -  First, sorry to hear that you gave up your Gold membership.  I miss the late-night action on Quck Quads.   

Thanks for the sentiment.  Giving up the Gold was the only way I could force myself NOT to play Quick Quads at all hours of the night.  I have a few non-online goals to get taken care of and I will likely be back.  (Of course, this contest has not helped me achieve any non-addictive accomplishments lately!)

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

(Of course, this contest has not helped me achieve any non-addictive accomplishments lately!)Webman's a pretty evil host ain't he?

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

Webman's a pretty evil host ain't he?

They don't come any nastier, do they?    I think he needs to take a share of the responsibility for the downturn in the economy, what with people playing instead of working.

If the contests on a going forward basis are set up like this one, I think we'll see results like we're seeing this time - pretty quickly miracle hits will be needed to even make the top scores regardless of the game.

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

No doubt CD (taking a Jackpot to win).  A lot will depend on the statistics.  The number of sessions played which relates to the number of entrants.  Webman, can you release any of the stats?  I mean, total number of players entering the contest and total number of sessions played?  Doesn't really matter.  The contests are fun in themselves whether you win or not.  I found at first that I was playing good strategy trying to make a legitimate score.  Then came the whoppers making it almost impossible for positive expectations by playing "normal" so I switched to go for broke strategy.  By that I mean that with a multiplier, I would always go for the monster hand even though strategy called for holding two pair especially if it was a bonus pair.  Then, after the mark was set to 46,000 and eventually to 60+K, I went back to just seeing how high I could score using the best strategy.Go for Broke seldom ever pays off but it's like in a BJ tournament where the only way you an win is to double-down even you have only 1 card that can fill your hand!  Stupid play on a cash table but the ONLY way you can win in the tournament no matter how bad the odds are against you!

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Looks like toohot hit something amazing but finished just 240 points below the leader?!?!?!?! Oh man I would beat my head against the keyboard!

See... I can be glad I haven't had a dealt kicker yet... it saves me medical bills.

That top score has been up a couple days now. It must be stopped! (but will be very very hard)

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

Help........I'm falling out of the top 10.
              It's better to have placed and lost than never to have placed at all! We will always remember your name was once on first and we were so proud of you!                                                                                                                   Hypothetical question: Is there any award for the most CANCEL hits after inadvertently hitting CASH OUT instead of DEAL?  We know who we are!

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

I'm sure that happened Marie...more than once if folks use a mouse to play.Less likely if you use the keyboard...and I've found it a lot faster.cvbnm are the "hold" keys and "space" or "Enter" is the deal key.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

They don't come any nastier, do they?    I think he needs to take a share of the responsibility for the downturn in the economy, what with people playing instead of working.

If the contests on a going forward basis are set up like this one, I think we'll see results like we're seeing this time - pretty quickly miracle hits will be needed to even make the top scores regardless of the game.

The way to reduce the number of miracle hits is to limit the number times a person can enter or cut the time frame down to one or two days. I can't think of any other way to avoid the monster hit requirement.

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

The way to reduce the number of miracle hits is to limit the number times a person can enter or cut the time frame down to one or two days. I can't think of any other way to avoid the monster hit requirement.

Or...run them like some of the ones run during the site testing.  Each player has one ongoing session which he or she can leave and then come back to any time during the contest period.  Count losses as well, so scores reflect net play.  Just like a real-life session.  A l-o-o-o-ng session.