Video Poker for Winners software

Discuss video poker programs for the home user
Webman
Video Poker Master

Video Poker for Winners software

Post by Webman »

If you're looking for software to help you master video poker strategy, be sure to check out the new Video Poker for Winners software featuring Bob Dancer himself. A free trial is available.

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

If you are thinking about downloading the free trial, be aware that it is a huge file.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Yes, it's a huge application (241 MB) but it still downloads fairly quickly on a high speed connection (Didn't take too long here).  If you're still stuck with dial-up, that would indeed take forever though, wouldn't it?

Fortunately for dial-up users, it will also be available in a retail version so you will be able to just buy it on a cd.

It's well worth trying out. I had the pleasure of giving this a spin just before the final release and it corrected several bad playing habits I had developed and helped me realize different holds for different game types. I've still yet to complete the test mode to the advanced level and need correction once in a while, but I love looking at the expected payout charts and seeing whether my hold was just a little off, or way off track from the best possible play, and the 2nd and 3rd best options to hold.

You can also pre-select cards to be dealt if you are curious about the odds on specific hands that trip you up.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

I just downloaded.    I hit download and then made lunch and it was done when I got back so not sure exactly how long, but no big deal. Maybe 20 minutes.  I will try out and see what it does. 

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

I'm pleased with the VPFW software.  It does drag just a bit on my computer but mine isn't state of the art.  Sure has a lot of simulation machines and the flexibility of the Paytables along with the generated strategy for those alterations make it well worth the money to me.  I would like to have seen "Pick-em" as one of the simulations, but that's about the only common one I didn't see.  You can go into a "training" mode that progresses you through "beginner", "Intermediate" and "Advanced" decision making.  Or, you can chose any of those three levels for unlimited practice or select a "Mixed" presentation of hands to give a more likely display of what you might expect playing a machine.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Hoochie Mama this is amazing! I have not even tried all of the features yet but it is really really good. I will play a lot over the next 3 days or until the trial expires.  I am not able to buy right now but I know what to ask for for Christmas now! Has someone here bought it that can tell me how it is delivered if you buy the download?  If I ask my sister to buy for me will she be able to give it to me somehow? Thank you!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

When you purchase, you are just purchasing the activation code to unlock the trial version. Since you already have the trial running, she could just send you the link to get the activation code when she checks out, as long as she doesn't activate it on her machine first.  The activation link is only good for one machine.
-Webman

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Thank you for the fast reply Webman.  I do not entirely understand but I'm sure it will make more sense when I look. It sounds like it would work fine. Happy late thanksgiving!

henryachilles
Forum Newbie

Post by henryachilles »

I have a question I bought the program knowing it would be good but what if I got a new pc for christmas how would I transfer or install it to the new PC?  I wouldn't be using the old PC anymore and wouldn't need it on there because I'm thiniking about buying a newer dual core windows vista premium ready pc's. I think I should'veasked this question first before spendign the money on it since it might not be usable on the other pc.- Henry

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

henryachiles,

Transfering the license to another machine is easy.  When you buy the new computer, simply send an email to the support address on the VPW site and they will give you the instructions.