Video Poker for Winners software

Discuss video poker programs for the home user
MikeA
Video Poker Master

Re: Video Poker for Winners software

Post by MikeA »

There was a pretty detailed discussion of this over on LVA forums.  It is a concern.  If you buy the program, you can use it on only one machine.  What if you use it on a Desktop but would like to have it on your laptop when on trips?  We were thinking that a second reduced price liscense would be the appropriate for a second machine owned by the same person but I have no clue if Dancer is going this route.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

There was a pretty detailed discussion of this over on LVA forums.  It is a concern.  If you buy the program, you can use it on only one machine.  People having that discussion should have contacted the manufacturer to find out if that is actually the case.  You would find that it is not.

-Webman

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

[QUOTE=MikeA]There was a pretty detailed discussion of this over on LVA forums.  It is a concern.  If you buy the program, you can use it on only one machine.  People having that discussion should have contacted the manufacturer to find out if that is actually the case.  You would find that it is not.

-Webman[/QUOTE]

Hmmm....the implication there is optimistic!  I shall do that....I just haven't had time nor the urgent need (no trips planned until mid-January).

It's just such a good program in my opinion.  I use the Hell out of it!

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Okay, I've requested options on a second install to a laptop.  I'm anxious to see what the response is.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Okay, I've requested options on a second install to a laptop.  I'm anxious to see what the response is. If they give you a hard time, let me know and I'll smack 'em around.

-Webman

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Okay folks, here's the scoop!  If you contact VPFW at support@videopokerforwinners.com and request a second activation code for your laptop, it will be honored.  They are working on a system (give 'em a break....it's a new release!) to automatically allow legal usage of more than one version of the program.  I was told that there might be some agrements or terms that would have to be adhered to along with the request but by and large, this is the solution to what has been concerning most of those expressing opinions here in this thread.

This information came in about 2 hours after I requested it.  Thor seems to be a very helpful type person!

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

[QUOTE=MikeA]Okay, I've requested options on a second install to a laptop.  I'm anxious to see what the response is. If they give you a hard time, let me know and I'll smack 'em around.

-Webman[/QUOTE]

By the way...I'm not sure of the hierarchy of things and how Videopoker.com is tied in with the software, but, THANKS Webman for the advise.  I do appreciate it.  I dislike all the "handles" we use on the forums but understand why some people would rather remain annonomous, but about half the time, I get the feeling that I'm not always talking to just another "employee" if you know what I mean

Havspace
Forum Newbie

Post by Havspace »

Can anyone compare this to other software out there?  I'm most interested in how it compares to WinPoker (available from http://www.zamzone.com ) as that is the only one I have, but I have heard good things about Frugal Video Poker as well, and know there are others.

In particular, at the moment I am trying to analyze a game called "Wild Widow" that has a different wild card on each hand (sometimes deuces, sometimes 7s, sometimes Aces, etc).

Thanks.

--Havspace

JOY JOY
Forum Newbie

Post by JOY JOY »

I use Multiplay Video poker by Masque, Strategy by Jeff Wu and design by action games and others, also use Video poker Strategy  also by Masque,
Strategy By Lenny Frome good luck

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

In particular, at the moment I am trying to analyze a game called "Wild Widow" that has a different wild card on each hand (sometimes deuces, sometimes 7s, sometimes Aces, etc).

Thanks.

--Havspace

As you probably already know winpoker supports sevens wild. Just keep in mind that 2s wild is the best payback possible. It goes down a little bit for each card as you go up to 7s wild. Once you understand the various plays for 7s wild you are well on the way to understanding the impact of moving the wilds around.