the hairy tarantula!!!!!

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
clowndoctor
Forum Rookie

the hairy tarantula!!!!!

Post by clowndoctor »

this story is quite funny but at the time i was scared to death..it was a hot summer day and clwn2 and i were on our way to vegas i was driveing my pickup at the time and at the top of the hill from calif to state line i had to pee bad and there it was in the middle of nowhere hill top gas station..clwn2 and i walked in and ask were the bathroom was and it was out around the side of the gas station so i let clwn2 do his deed first when he came back he said look at the wall as your peeing...well im sure he was talking about writeing on the wall so i didnt think anything of it..well the rest you all should get a good laugh because i started to get ready to pee and to my surprise i looked at the wall and there it was this fuzzy tarantula huge i backed up and didnt even pee and got the hell out there..freaking out all the way to vegas!!!!!!!!!

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

In the Army while stationed in OK, we had a number of pet Trantulas in the Barracks. Somehow one dude got loose and no one slept for about 2 weeks. Every once in a while you would see him scurrying between the bathrooms.

Needless to say, we were forced to get rid of the others.

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

1. Our son had a pet tarantula and a 115 lb black lab with pale blue husky eyes, named Zeke. We were not aware the tarantula was out of its cage. Zeke began barking his loudest non-stop bark that no one could ignore and was afraid to go down in the basement. He had found the loose tarantula on the bottom basement stair. Thanks Zeke, wherever you are, we owe you one! 2. I recall seeing a Johnny Carson clip when someone had a tarantula on his program. The segment was hysterical. Carson did not have to pretend to be terrified of that cute spider! I can see him now! 3. Zeke has many stories and so does Sam, the Burmese Python, who kept growing,  but this focus is on the big spider, right?

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

3. Zeke has many stories and so does Sam, the Burmese Python, who kept growing,  but this focus is on the big spider, right?

About 10 years ago I visited a friend in Phoenix, who had just bought a place in a spanking-new development.  The various critters who had been living there didn't realize they weren't supposed to be there anymore.  At least once a day we'd find a scorpion or two in her place...garage, pool, kitchen...I learned pretty quick to check my shoes in the morning before putting them on.  Like something out of a Western - check those boots first before putting them on. 

rfonlymama

Post by rfonlymama »

Geez Marie - a tarantula AND a boa constrictor????   You were/are a pretty understanding mother!!

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

Happy Cinco de Mayo all. CD, you being a good Co. resident, I figured you would know better since you do also have critters in your neck of the States. Marie, What the hell are you thinking? ? ? The hairy spiders are usually pretty docile unless the person is arachnophobic. Anything from the constrictor family is questionable. Better to get a pet King or gopher snake.

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

Happy Cinco de Mayo all. CD, you being a good Co. resident, I figured you would know better since you do also have critters in your neck of the States.

We don't have much in the way of tarantulas and scorpions in the Denver area, but I did find a Black Widow in one of my window wells once.  We do get elk and deer that wander in from the foothills but that's about it as far as wildlife in the city goes.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

I've had a couple of black widows in NV. I think I'd rather run into a nice fuzzy tarantula.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

I've had a couple of black widows in NV. I think I'd rather run into a nice fuzzy tarantula.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Black widow bites are somewhat more painful than a tarantula whose bite is similar to a bee sting.