Wichita Storms

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
MikeA
Video Poker Master

Re: Wichita Storms

Post by MikeA »

Man, I got out there with my camera, soda pop and popcorn all ready for the party and nothing worth shooting came my way <LOL>  But the popcorn was good.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Man, watching those storms on radar , I thought you might just blow in for a visit.

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Here's a pic of the storm that swept through about 7 miles south of where I live last night.  We got a little hail out of it but no damage.  Funnels dropped out of the cloud though, however, they must have touched down in wheat fields for no serious damage was reported.  The lightening displays were sure impressive though!

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Wow, MikeA! Did you take that picture?!

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Wow, MikeA! Did you take that picture?!

No.  That was a pic that was on the Wichita Eagle (newspaper) website.  It was taken off the turnpike about 15 miles south of Wichita from the south side of the Storm. 

The lightening was unbelievable last night.  There were flashes of webbed lightening bolts that seemed to lace the entire sky!

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

[QUOTE=MikeA
The lightening was unbelievable last night.  There were flashes of webbed lightening bolts that seemed to lace the entire sky![/QUOTE]
Mike, that sounds like one I saw in Ok. I watched in awe, as a curtain of rain fell and the sky was weaved with lightning bolts. Happened near Enid, Ok. Big supercell but wall cloud wasn't as big as the photo you posted. Half dollar sized hail stones!

ginxxxx

Post by ginxxxx »

Oh that is amazing, I'm glad you're all okay.  My good friend Carol lives just outside of Wichita, and she gets a little anxious coming to SoCal because of possible earthquakes....so we meet up in Las Vegas ....'cause I'm not planning another trip to Wichita any time soon.