Newbie??

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
starsky
Forum Rookie

Newbie??

Post by starsky »

I just notice under my user id it says I am a newbie since April 2008.  Not that it matters, but I have been a member of this site probably since it began.  Not sure why my status has been changed.  Probably doesn't matter.  Just curious.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

The number of posts changes your rating of stars.

starsky
Forum Rookie

Post by starsky »

I was more confused as to why it would say I only "joined" in April 2008 when in fact I have been a member for a number of years.  I have also posted to the forum in the past.  Not often but I have over the years.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

oej is correct about the rating... that is based on your number of posts, not time as a member.Also, your join date would reflect your first time visiting the new forum software while logged in to this account. If you posted something on the old message board a couple years ago, it would not be reflected.Your first post on the new software was in May of this year and you first clicked through to it in April. That is... if the software is working as it should.

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

That is... if the software is working as it should.
Don't EVER trust "software" or the geeks who write it!  We are NOT a trustworthy group!

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

Don't EVER trust "software" or the geeks who write it!  We are NOT a trustworthy group!

I concur.  Only trust a software geek as far as you can throw him.  Or her.  Or it.

Q:  How many software geeks does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A:  None.  Software geeks don't do hardware.

(Well, *I* thought it was funny when I heard it)

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

Unless light bulbs have software. I think there are some detectable patterns to lightbulb software that the programmers use to time the moment when they blow out.
Cd knows all about it.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

[QUOTE=Webman]That is... if the software is working as it should.

[/QUOTE]

AMEN!

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

Unless light bulbs have software. I think there are some detectable patterns to lightbulb software that the programmers use to time the moment when they blow out.
Cd knows all about it.

Oej, the only pattern I've ever noticed with light bulbs is that when they burn out I bump into walls and trip over things.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

When they look like they are burned out at first, try switching on and off 4 times then walk out of the room for 47 seconds. Then walk backwards back into the room starting on your left foot. Then slowly turn it back on. It should light up like a new bulb. The bulb manufacturers don't want you to know this so they can rope you into buying new bulbs on there terms.
Caution: this will not work on spot lights or yellow bug lights.
Read more on my blog where I chastise and ridicule scooters and