4th of July Contest

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
MikeA
Video Poker Master

Re: 4th of July Contest

Post by MikeA »

Thought I was going to be in the running there for a minute a while ago.  On the 20th hand I was dealt quad 3's bit no multiplier.  Drew a kicker on one of the three and scored 1600 on that one hand.  I didn't get much to go along with it the remaining 180 hands though And Tangueray hit a nice one with a Royal and a couple of quads!

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

Is anyone else getting blinded by the new cards???? MUCH too bright! LOVE being able to see the hands the other players got to get to where they are on the leader board!

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Blinded by the light
Dressed up like a ...

Oh, wrong forum.

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

Is anyone else getting blinded by the new cards???? MUCH too bright!

My one complaint, also.  I'm sure that it's affecting my play.

grandpa
Forum Rookie

Post by grandpa »

Hot dang - another great contest , open to all members - as long as they're  U.S. residents.Once again I'll watch enviously from the sidelines. C'mon, powers that be, we do have air service to Vegas from here (we tie Canada geese to a sled), and a free stay at Terribles would be almost as good as a hat. Rise up, fellow Canucks, and make your voices heard. While we organize the revolution up here, good luck to you players south of the 49th.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

C'mon, powers that be, we do have air service to Vegas from here (we tie Canada geese to a sled), 

grandpa, didn't know Vegas was on the migration route.

We are pulling for you, eh!

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

Grandpa how will the contest know if you play if you are a canadian ?

grandpa
Forum Rookie

Post by grandpa »

Thanks faygo, we'll put you down as a [non- athletic] supporter in the pending revolution. Good point, oej719, I could no doubt register and play but what if , through a miracle, I won? Imagine my chagrin when the vp suits tell me " Great run, grandpa, but since the rules exclude you - but not your gold membership fees - there will be no fun filled two night stay in beautiful Terribles for you. We'd like to send you a hat as a consolation prize but that's against the rules too."

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

Grandpa go for it anyway. Worry about that other stuff when you win.

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

Grandpa go for it anyway. Worry about that other stuff when you win.

Oej's right on that, grandpa.  If nothing can be worked out in the way of a prize if you win, maybe Webman will at least change your screen name to "King Grandpa" or something.   Or, he could make you an instant "Video Poker Master".   

The "carolyn" player currently has TWO scores in the top 10.  She's definitely got her pattern recognition down for hot cycles.