100 play - what to hold

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
dave48inphx
Forum Newbie

100 play - what to hold

Post by dave48inphx »

On 100 play, dealt a 10 and ace suited (other 3 are junk).  Should I always draw to these 2, or if playing a game with a '4 aces' bonus payout, i.e. super double double bonus, pitch the 10 and draw to just the ace?

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

DDB just the Ace!

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

On 100 play, dealt a 10 and ace suited (other 3 are junk).  Should I always draw to these 2, or if playing a game with a '4 aces' bonus payout, i.e. super double double bonus, pitch the 10 and draw to just the ace?

There is no absolute answer to a question like this. As in ALL video poker situations the answer DEPENDs on the paytable. In addition, I assume you're looking for the BEST mathematical play.

In general ... for almost all NON-progressive bonus games as well as Jacks or better you should NEVER hold suited ace-ten, just the ace.

However, for progressive games there are monetary levels for the RF that will trigger a strategy change and make the suited ace-ten the best play.

Also, it does not matter if you are playing a single line or 100 play ... the strategy remains the same.