super aces/ TDBP, incredible run- anybody else??

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
shadowman
Video Poker Master

Re: super aces/ TDBP, incredible run- anybody else??

Post by shadowman »

True story. Checked into a Motel one night while traveling on my job. Went to a restuarant, food terrible, paid and left it sitting there.( I was non-confrontatioal at that time). Stopped at a Dunkin Donuts on the way back to the room, got a Dozen assorted, got a DP and ate 11 of them. (left one didn't want to over do it)  Best meal I ever had.

Well, I think you showed fantastic restraint. If I had eaten 11 there's no way I could have left that last one all by itself.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

I started drinking coffee when in college back in the mid-60's to stay awake after playing poker to study....it didn't work!  Once I started working, I reached the point that I had a relatively hot cup of coffee on my desk from the time I got to the office until I left and had more at home.  Hopelessly addicted to caffeine.  If I DON'T drink it, I get horrible headaches!

I went to a half caffeine blend several years ago. I can't tell the difference between it and full caffeine. I still get headaches when I miss a day but not near as bad as before.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

[QUOTE=faygo]True story. Checked into a Motel one night while traveling on my job. Went to a restuarant, food terrible, paid and left it sitting there.( I was non-confrontatioal at that time). Stopped at a Dunkin Donuts on the way back to the room, got a Dozen assorted, got a DP and ate 11 of them. (left one didn't want to over do it)  Best meal I ever had.

Well, I think you showed fantastic restraint. If I had eaten 11 there's no way I could have left that last one all by itself. [/QUOTE]

It was very hard to do , required a lot of " intestinal fortitude."

scorpio2
VP Veteran

Post by scorpio2 »

ha ha,i was a security guard many moons ago,that one more doorknob woulda put me in the best of moods!

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

Ed, I am also pre-diabetic but have been able to keep it in check with more exercise. I started drinking diet drinks when I was in my 20s and decided I didn't need all that sugar. Besides then I could eat more donuts ().  Being in the know so to speak gives you an edge because you know what to watch for and how much you can consume without having to rely on insulin or other meds. Diet and excersize will also leave you some leeway for a Dunkin donut or Krispy kreme!

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Shadowman,There are times, like when in Vegas, that I wake up almost every morning with a headache.  My wife, bless her heart, understands and has a cup made and ready for me to gulp as soon as I'm awake enough to swill it down!  I think it is because I don't drink as much during the day while out there as I do at home.

bigsteve5273@yahoo.c

Post by bigsteve5273@yahoo.c »

I'm a fellow coffee addict.  My favorite is downtown Vegas at either McDonald's in the Plaza or Fitzgerald's with a stop in between at the Starbucks at the Nugget.  Hoochie Mama!

scorpio2
VP Veteran

Post by scorpio2 »

yeah,my urine smells like coffee,guess i'd better get it minted.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

My urine smells like urine.

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

There are times, like when in Vegas, that I wake up almost every morning with a headache.  My wife, bless her heart, understands and has a cup made and ready for me to gulp as soon as I'm awake enough to swill it down!  I think it is because I don't drink as much during the day while out there as I do at home.

Yikes!  That's pretty bad.  For me it's 36 hours before the headache starts.  About five years ago I just quit cold turkey, and didn't have any caffeine at all for a year or so.  The first week was the most miserable one in my life.