Hi!! And my Dumb Newbie Question...

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
cddenver
Video Poker Master

Re: Hi!! And my Dumb Newbie Question...

Post by cddenver »

As you have seen, we appear collectively to have short attention spans and hippity-hop here and there on unrelated topics. Get used to it as I had to do! I learned from the masters and am now guilty of doing likewise! If you can tolerate our fluff long enough, you will glean new, useful knowledge on this site and learn to keep the yuk in perspective.

That's quite true.   QM, pick a few threads at random and then read only the first post and last post in them.  You'll be scratching your head in no time, wondering what logic came into play to get us from point "A" to "Z".  If anyone knows a psychology student working on his or her dissertation, there's true gold to be found here.

QuadMagnet
Forum Rookie

Post by QuadMagnet »

Welcome to the forum QuadMagnet. Amazing how newbies can keep coming up with cool new names! As you have seen, we appear collectively to have short attention spans and hippity-hop here and there on unrelated topics. Get used to it as I had to do! I learned from the masters and am now guilty of doing likewise! If you can tolerate our fluff long enough, you will glean new, useful knowledge on this site and learn to keep the yuk in perspective. Just fight taking on our addicting traits!

Thanks for the warm welcome,Marie!

I don't mind the "hippity-hop" one bit (a little OT never hurt anyone!); I have a short attention span these days, too, since I seem to be constantly wandering off and thinking about VP.  My hubby notices these mental lapses, too, often saying to me "uh, you're thinking about video poker again, aren't you?"  All I can say to him is "Guilty!  When are we going to go play?!"  (I'm retired, so I'm up for a trip anytime, but since he's working we need to plan around his schedule.)

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

QuadMagnet, Marie will teach you all kinds of bad habits that your hubby would not like. She is a creative thinker with a nack for prose and she likes to act like she ignores me but all here know it is her way of flirting.

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Well, the way we seem to work around here is that:A question is askedClarification is requestedClarification is receivedQuestion is answeredthru 5,000 is a rabbit chase that friends embark on leaving person asking the question with a loaded shotgun and not knowing which rabbit to shoot!

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Oh, did you see the Bunny Wabbit too? 

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I'm losing the train of thought on this one myself. 

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

Oh, I get it and assume responsibility for the confusion. We were leaving to meet friends for a concert. BLEEP computer belted out "hippity hop" that appears too intellectual for the mentally challenged among us and seems there is no easy substitute. Obviously a very poor choice as confirmed by hindsight or subsequent posts. Bad computer. Sit, stay or STOP! I needed a more sophisticated and understandable word for this forum. If I had more time, I probably would have used SCATTERBRAINED or UNFOCUSED or...no offense intended as I included myself in the list. Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day.

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Actually, we've done pretty good with this thread...better than average Webman!The first 16 posts actually addressed the original issue brought up by QM.  That might be a record or something.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

No confusion here. Clear conscience= clear mind.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

I've read several threads here where there are 2 or 3 pages pertaining to the original question/topic but quickly stray after that like this thread has done. We've done our part though welcoming in quadmagnet and hope she brings interesting stuff to the VP table! Don't be shy as most here aren't except for Marie and her Boa! Boops is that way also!