Earthquake in CA

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Earthquake in CA

Post by Eduardo »

Hoochie Mama what was that. EDC, I'm sure you felt it too?

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

5.8 Aye Caramba!

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Eduardo, don't leave us hanging. Update please.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

The planet moved under my feet. That's about all I have to report.

It was closer to LA to and not much damage reported that I can see so probably nothing to worry about.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Very good news. Thanks for the update.

Oh and the lyrics to the song are: "...earth move under my feet..."

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

I've talked with Ed-da-cat and he's fine.  Shook up a little and scared his kids, but he's okay.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

Over the last 120 years there has been a PATTERN of earth quakes in what is now called California.
Las Vegas will be beach front property one day. Remember you heard it here first.

ginxxxx

Post by ginxxxx »

They are saying on the news that this was felt in Las Vegas...can't remember ever feeling anything in LV.  Hmmmmmm.My poor doggy is still jumpy and skittish.  Telephone service is back.  It was not much fun here in the I.E., felt MUCH bigger than 5.4!.

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

They are saying on the news that this was felt in Las Vegas...can't remember ever feeling anything in LV.  Hmmmmmm.My poor doggy is still jumpy and skittish.  Telephone service is back.  It was not much fun here in the I.E., felt MUCH bigger than 5.4!.
Closest thing I've felt to a quake in Vegas was a nickel machine dumping 4,000 nickels in the coin tray.  Wait, they don't do that do they...but it sounded good!Glad you're okay Ginxxxx!

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Latest news I've seen...sorry, I couldn't completely edit out an ad that was in the middle. LOS ANGELES - Scattered minor damage and a few minor injuries have
been reported in the aftermath of an earthquake that was strongly felt
across Southern California. The magnitude-5.4 jolt struck at 11:42 a.m. Tuesday and was felt from Los Angeles south to San Diego, and as far east as Las Vegas. The quake — considered moderate — was centered 29 miles southeast of downtown Los Angeles near the city of Chino Hills.
The state Office of Emergency Services in Sacramento reports
scattered minor infrastructure damage, including broken water mains and
gas lines. Freeway traffic appears normal.
Acting mayor Wendy Greuel says minor structural damage has been reported throughout Los Angeles, along with five minor injuries and people stuck in elevators.