Earthquake in CA

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
ginxxxx

Re: Earthquake in CA

Post by ginxxxx »

Just checked the news, now we have shake and bake.  A brush fire in the El Sereno area of LA is just being reported.

ginxxxx

Post by ginxxxx »

[QUOTE=ginxxxx]They are saying on the news that this was felt in Las Vegas...can't remember ever feeling anything in LV.  Hmmmmmm.My poor doggy is still jumpy and skittish.  Telephone service is back.  It was not much fun here in the I.E., felt MUCH bigger than 5.4!.
Closest thing I've felt to a quake in Vegas was a nickel machine dumping 4,000 nickels in the coin tray.  Wait, they don't do that do they...but it sounded good!Glad you're okay Ginxxxx![/QUOTE]THX!    4000 nickels would only rate about a 2.5.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

Just awoke from a short slumber. It was a good jolt(threw me backwards,not a small guy either)but considered mild by So Cal standards as opposed to Northridge,Whittier Narrows or Landers. I've ridden many and this ranks up there with Whittier Narrows for intensity. With a .5 difference in intensity, the chances of great damage or physical injuries were limited to ones ability to maintain. Would have been interesting to be at say Pechanga or Soboba, San Manuel when it hit. Their evac procedures need to be on target. Great quake wake up call. EDUARDO, WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA!

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

Just awoke from a short slumber. It was a good jolt(threw me backwards,not a small guy either)but considered mild by So Cal standards as opposed to Northridge,Whittier Narrows or Landers.

I'm glad to hear that both you and gin are ok.  I read that there were lots of aftershocks, and some could even be felt in Vegas.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

I'm glad to hear that both you and gin are ok.  I read that there were lots of aftershocks, and some could even be felt in Vegas.
  CD, our structure is built on rollers so unless you're sitting or lying perfectly still, doubtful you'll feel anything unless it's sizeable. Initial jolt was sizeable. Felt only three of several aftershocks so far.
    Eduardo, any input here? We were trying to figure out how to welcome you to the Golden State but God beat us to it!
 Ginny and a few other forum regulars here from So Cal. No one else felt it? Or is everyone in LV?

ginxxxx

Post by ginxxxx »

Most interesting email to a local radio station:"I am over one hundred years old.  After the 1906 SF quake, I prepared my earthquake kit.  I still have it."  End quote>

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Our whole house moved. Not just one room. The whole house. i couldn't seem to escape it.

ginxxxx

Post by ginxxxx »

Our whole house moved. Not just one room. The whole house. i couldn't seem to escape it.So, what did you do?It felt like our house jolted up, then slammed down.  Did you notice the noise?  My friend who lives in Wichita always says she would take a tornado over an earthquake, and she got to experience the worst.  For many years, she would only come to CA if she absolutely had to, but one year she came here to attend the wedding of a mutual friend.  Yep, she was awakened in her hotel by the big Mama of our lifetime, the Northridge quake!  After that, with a couple of exceptions, the only time we've seen each other is in Kansas or Las Vegas.  One of those destinations is not my favorite.

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

After that, with a couple of exceptions, the only time we've seen each other is in Kansas or Las Vegas.  One of those destinations is not my favorite.Cracked me up!  I wonder WHICH one of those destination is NOT your favorite?????  And, what's wrong with Kansas?  You like wheat farms don't you?  It's a tourist's dream!  You drive 5 miles into Kansas and can turn around and drive back out and can honestly say you've seen everything the State has for tourists!  You can't beat that!

ginxxxx

Post by ginxxxx »

[QUOTE=ginxxxx] After that, with a couple of exceptions, the only time we've seen each other is in Kansas or Las Vegas.  One of those destinations is not my favorite.Cracked me up!  I wonder WHICH one of those destination is NOT your favorite?????  And, what's wrong with Kansas?  You like wheat farms don't you?  It's a tourist's dream!  You drive 5 miles into Kansas and can turn around and drive back out and can honestly say you've seen everything the State has for tourists!  You can't beat that![/QUOTE]I loved Kansas, but my little doggy TOTO doesn't want to come back!