Horseshoe Bowler?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
faygo
Video Poker Master

Horseshoe Bowler?

Post by faygo »

Some few months ago we had a thread the dealt with bowling. What follows , I guess is a twist on it or "What to do between seasons"

Walter Ray Williams (Professional Bowler) finished fourth in the A-1 Division, at the World Horseshoe Pitching Contest in York, PA. 72.3% of Walter's pitches were ringers. The A-1 Division was won by Adam Francis of Defiance , Ohio, who was undefeated hitting ringers on nearly 90% of his pitches.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

I believe the horseshoe connection led to Walter Ray gettting the nickname "deadeye".

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

I believe the horseshoe connection led to Walter Ray gettting the nickname "deadeye". You're 100% correct! His ability to hit his mark consistently and near flawless spare shooting had many bowlers dubbing him deadeye. It was the horseshoe pitching that WRW attributed to his ability to shoot spares so well.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

I played horseshoes at a reunion about a month ago. 8 ringers in 4 games (pairs) and I was happy. It sounds like I need to practice before I enter the circuit though.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

I didn't mention that the guy that won the C-1 Division hit ringers over 47% of the time. The coverage of this event was from the Monroe Eveing News in Monroe, Mi.  I guess they covered it because the C-1 winner was from there, as I was. (near by)
It amazes me the worlds of endeavors out there that we seldom hear about. These folks put in long hours of training and hard work like any other sport. I suppose it would get a lot more coverage if it was a video game.