Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
vidopoker

Re: VP Chat feedback

Post by vidopoker »

SO true!!

ToniBaloney619
Forum Newbie

Post by ToniBaloney619 »

only one problem with the chat.. well, one that's annoying.  Sometimes my chat will not load at all and says my name is already taken.. duh.

other times I see nobody talking so I click on the tab to see who, if anybody is there.. I'll see a LOT of people so I click back on chat, say something and get no response.. click again on who's in lobby and there's only me.  I KNOW that isnt correct.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Toni, I think what you are seeing is all of members that are playing, Gold and Regular. It is my understanding that only Gold can chat.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

No, only Gold members are visible in the room lists. If people aren't responding, it's simply because nobody is feeling chatty.

However, it's important to underatand how the Game Chat and Lobby work... these are two separate room. You can meet people in the "lobby" from any game. So if you wanted to set up a time to meet someone and chat, you could say "meet me in the lobby chat at 5" without worrying about what games you were each playing. The "game chat" is only members in the same game.

If you view the member list from the Lobby, you are seeing only people in the lobby. This room tends to be empty a lot of the time right now, so chatting in there if there is nobody in the room will also not get a response. To see people in "game chat" again and talk with them, you would first click on "game chat" again if you had clicked lobby, then click on the user list again if you want to see who is in there. Hopefully this makes sense.

The "username already taken" message is a known bug with the chat software that we are hoping to have a fix for before too much longer. It's been on there way too long to be sure so I will go check for possible updates again this week.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Webman
Does the user still show as playing even though they have shut off chat??

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

Webman
Does the user still show as playing even though they have shut off chat??

Good question.  That reminded me that I was going to ask the same thing in the case where I get a "Can't connect!" for the chat.

EmmA
Forum Newbie

Post by EmmA »

I recently became a Gold member, and every day since I joined the Chat section says "Can't Connect".   Can someone tell me what is wrong?

EmmA
Forum Newbie

Post by EmmA »

What is the Lobby?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

The Lobby is jsut another room where people can meet up if they wish. When you first enter the chat, you are in a room with members playing the same game. If you click on "user list" you can see the others who are in the chat room with you.If you click on lobby, you can then click "user list" to see the other users in the lobby. The lobby is usually empty right now unless you ask someone to meet you there, so the game chat is a beter way to find discussion.If you get a "can't connect" error all the time then it could mean something on your system is blocking the chat application from running, such as a firewall setting. Let me know if it is intermittent or all the time and I'll see if I can assist in finding the setting. I would need to know what antivirus program you are using most likely and the browser.

izzy9898
Forum Newbie

Post by izzy9898 »

No double up option when you win?