FOUR ROYALS IN ONE DAY in AC

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Re: FOUR ROYALS IN ONE DAY in AC

Post by EDC1977 »

4 in one day? WTG! I'm happy you hit and grateful for the flowers you sent. I'm sure CD likes em more frequent and maybe he's just not telling. I'd be happy with one per trip, let alone four. 

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

In AC, I talked to a gal from NYC who was also staying at Harrah's. I mentioned how much we liked Borgata. Black jack is her game of fame and apparently she is used to doing well with it. She played $25. black jack at Borgata and lost 1k in fifteen minutes. Ouch! I try really hard not to lose that much playing VP but it would take me a whole lot longer than fifteen minutes to do that! She mentioned the drive from NYC was horrendous and believe she referred to the traffic congestion on the expressways.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

She mentioned the drive from NYC was horrendous and believe she referred to the traffic congestion on the expressways.   Maybe she got a speeding ticket that will cut into her gaming budget! Perhaps she hit a pothole with one of them expensive tire/rim combos or maybe, there was just a lot of traffic as you suggested.

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

In AC, I talked to a gal from NYC who was also staying at Harrah's. I mentioned how much we liked Borgata. Black jack is her game of fame and apparently she is used to doing well with it. She played $25. black jack at Borgata and lost 1k in fifteen minutes. Ouch! I try really hard not to lose that much playing VP but it would take me a whole lot longer than fifteen minutes to do that! She mentioned the drive from NYC was horrendous and believe she referred to the traffic congestion on the expressways. At $25 a hand, especially if she was making advantage plays, it would not be at all hard to lose a grand in 15 minutes!  In a 6-deck shoe, you would ramp your bets 1-10 so her bets could have been anywhere from $25 to $250 depending on the count.  If she had a 4-way split, she would have had $1000 on the table for ONE HAND.  If she doubled all four of the split hands, she could have had $2,000 on the table for that one hand. 

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

OUCH! I will stay with VP! My husband plays black jack very conservatively and for short periods of time and does not lose like that, or does he??? Thanks Mike, Boops, Tedlark, Scorpio2, JIMDUECE'SWILD, bigSteve and Ed da Cat for your interesting input to this topic. YOUR comments are all appreciated! 

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Yeah Marie.  It does take a good sized bankroll to play Advantage Blackjack and that advantage you get isn't all that big.  A few percent at best.  And to get that, you PRAY for those hands when you can increase a $25 one-unit bet to 10-units or $250.00.  With $5 one-unit bets, the 10-unit bet would of course "only" be $50.  But if you are a nickel player, having a $50 bet out there gets the adrenalin pumping about 90mph!I don't do it any more.  Can't afford it even at the nickel level.  But I did have fun there for a while <LOL>

bigsteve5273@yahoo.c

Post by bigsteve5273@yahoo.c »

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around 4 RF's in one trip. Congratulations, Marie.  Outstanding,  WTG even in a jitney. 

scorpio2
VP Veteran

Post by scorpio2 »

in the smoking ban,i wonder if they will allow smoking in rooms,in ac.

rfonlymama

Post by rfonlymama »

nice haul Marie!!!  I've never hit four in a day....most ever was two.  I hit a quarter one last weekend but on five play quarters I needed it!!

Go get 'em girl

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

Thanks rfonlymama, It appears you are six ahead of me but not for long! Whatever happened to that pile of $ from all those royals? Memories!