FOUR ROYALS IN ONE DAY in AC

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
marie meijer
Video Poker Master

FOUR ROYALS IN ONE DAY in AC

Post by marie meijer »

Huge clusters of blue and white balloons were a reminder that the spacious and well-lit, gorgeous new NORTH TERMINAL at Detroit Metro had opened the day before. We were on a Harrah's three day free flight, room, meals junket (their word) and $40 TITO mailed bonus. Harrah's Resorts does a beautiful job on these trips. They were well-organized from mailing out luggage tags and three pages of info, to having room keys and cold beverages ready when their three buses transported us from two planes from the airport. They transport luggage from plane to our rooms. Our 12th floor BAY VIEW TOWER room had a sensational, panoramic view of the bay and ocean beyond. Their wonderful huge heated pool was under a multi story glass dome near our elevator. Orchids lined two long window type box gardens. There was a great lunch buffet at the Diamond Lounge. That first day, I played countless hours and quad deuces $1 machine and 1K win was my reward. My husband and I hopped on a Jitney and enjoyed the lovely Diamond Lounge buffet at Bally's 6th floor. We snagged the last available window table over-looking the ocean, beach, cabanas and board walk. The next morning we hopped a jitney to Borgata, past the marsh-wet lands preserve on the bay and the gold w black diamond "TURTLE CROSSING" sign with graphic turtle depicted. We loved their breakfast buffet and room on a 2 for 1 mailed offer along with a $50 bonus.    I played DB triple play quarter machine. AKJ hearts, J and x showed up. Damn, I need a royal and I want it NOW! I could hear Ed da Cat saying "PLAY BY THE BOOK, BE BETTER THAN THAT" from a long ago post. Instead, knowing I was making the wrong play, I tossed the J and x and the 10 and Q of hearts completed my royal! When I needed a change of scenery, I moved to a 50 play, nickel machine for DDB. I learned long ago not to play these FINICKY (Ed da Cat's term) machines. I played a looong time, TWO royals showed up on different hands for $200 each. I bailed out $500 ahead and lost $200 in a 100 play DDB nickel machine nearby, in a blink! I'm not planning to play that machine again, either. My sole purpose in going to SHOWBOAT was to use a mailed TITO $40 bonus. Last time I played there a looong time without success or too much damage. Eventually, I drew 3RF in spades and the other two fell into place on DW .50 machine for 2K W2G. CD "likes" to have 39,400 hands average between royals. I prefer to have a couple hours between royals! These four could be the last of my royals, ever, but I hope not! At Showboat, a five piece strolling minstrel band played oldies: Glenn Miller, Beer Barrel Polka, Cruising Down the River. Bass, snare drum, accordian, banjo, trumpet. Stilt man wore elaborate costume and a juggler performed. JIM DUECE"S recommendation of Borgata's AMPHORIA LOUNGE buffet was a hot tip and we loved that elaborate place with all the TV flat screens near the ceiling. Too bad that is the only time we can probably eat there as my BLACK LABEL card expires soon without enough play to maintain it. It was given to me in Nov when I signed up showing Diamond Total Rewards Card. I wish I had brought home more than a few hundred of my wins but what a fun trip for us!

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

Great trip Marie!!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Hi Marie - Welcome to the "4 Royals in one day Club". Congrats, Ted

scorpio2
VP Veteran

Post by scorpio2 »

yeah we think the ballys'diamond lounge is superior to the other ones.

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

Agreed! They were serving veal cutlet parmasean among way too much other food. Harrah's and Showboat both served meatloaf, but good as well. The very handsome, club, brown leather-looking chairs at Bally's lent classic elegance. I did not do my sniff and fingernail test to determine leather from naugahyde. My educated guess bets leather. JIM DUECE'S neglected to mention the giant peeled shrimp at Amphoria or we would have been there sooner! 

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

My love-hate relationship with Jitneys continues. I tried to analyze where the rattles were coming from. The windows and wheel chair ramp rattled as well as the outside and inside of the entire Jitney. The drivers, in error, apparently believe the louder the radio, the less noticeable the rattles. The ears fine tune and hear both at different decibles. Harrah's much larger and newer shuttle buses do not rattle. My car would rattle too, if I hit the speed bumps, man hole covers and turns as the Jitney's do! Still, the Jitney ride is a great value at $2.25 per ride, up from the $2.00 fare in July. That is understandable considering the gas hikes. Even our trash collector is now charging a fuel surcharge. Jitneys are supposed to run every 15 min. but are often bunched up with one and two immediately following the other. It's my personal belief they then race in an effort to get back on schedule. Be ready to hop on and off very fast, as if your life depended on that! I tried to cheer up the drivers because they seemed grumpy to us. Other shuttle drivers in Vegas and elsewhere act as tour guides, share info and spread good public relations through pleasing attitudes.

scorpio2
VP Veteran

Post by scorpio2 »

sounds good marie.our last trip harrahs had real loud heavy metal music,but i have prepared for next trip with ear plugs!i used cleenex from bathrooms in ears before.

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

GREAT TRIP MARIE. THEY ADDED THE SHRIMP IN THE AMPHORIA LOUNGE SEVERAL MONTH AGO. WHEN I GO THERE I ALWAYS GET A PLATE OF SHIMP WITH CEASAR SALAD FOR APPETIZER. THEN DIG INTO THE REST OF THE FOOD.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

If you ever get the chance, stop in to the Diamond Lounge at the Horseshoe in Tunika, MS as it is very nice too. There are excellent heavy appetizers amd drinks are also free.

bigsteve5273@yahoo.c

Post by bigsteve5273@yahoo.c »

Thanks for the trip report Marie.  Great luck on your next excursion.