4 Aces with a Kicker odds = 1/16,236?

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
New2vp
Video Poker Master

Re: 4 Aces with a Kicker odds = 1/16,236?

Post by New2vp »

I hope the issue of fewer quad 10s didn't cause you to lose any sleep. ()   Why, that's why I was awake in the middle of the night!

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

[QUOTE=shadowman] When dealt 4 to a straight with a pair you go for the straight. This does not effect 7s and below.

Very good!  I was trying to figure out the reason for the significantly fewer quad 10s and hadn't yet.  Here, you mean 4 to a straight with a pair when at least one high card is present, right?  As in JTT98, JT998, JT988, QJTT9, QJT99, or KQJTT, where you keep JT98, QJT9, or KQJT.  So fewer pairs of Ts held before the draw must result in fewer quad Ts after the draw.  And, as you said this doesn't reduce the number of pairs of 2s thru 7s that are held since with a hand like 66543, you hold the 6s and toss the rest.

[/QUOTE]

Those are the hands I was referring to. This type of effect shows up in others way as well. In games that pay 5-1 for a flush you end up with fewer flushes than games that pay 6-1 (or 7-1). Strategy is based on pay tables, and that determines one's results.

garydrexler
Forum Newbie

Post by garydrexler »

love the game of poker- I play alot of ten play/ more chances to win royal or aces with kicker- last wek i was dealt 4 aces and had several kickers in a ten play- $3100.00 later playing quarters...

SLaPiNFuNK
Forum Rookie

Post by SLaPiNFuNK »

What are the odds of getting 4 A's w/ a kicker on the draw when dealt 2 aces?

ie... Dealt AA and on the draw get AA2

Thanks

SLaPiNFuNK
Forum Rookie

Post by SLaPiNFuNK »

on a side note. this happened to me this past weekend... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

What are the odds of getting 4 A's w/ a kicker on the draw when dealt 2 aces?

ie... Dealt AA and on the draw get AA2

Thanks
 When drawing 3 cards there are 16215 possible draws. There are 12 kickers (if none were discarded) along with the two aces yields 12 possible draws that make the AWAK result. 16215/12 = 1351.  

SLaPiNFuNK
Forum Rookie

Post by SLaPiNFuNK »

Cool thanks. Been wondering that

Onenickelmiracl

Post by Onenickelmiracl »

This statistic page mentioned, are the odds all for dealt winners? It seems so, but just need clarifying.

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

This statistic page mentioned, are the odds all for dealt winners? It seems so, but just need clarifying.

It just means if you play Double Double Bonus optimal strategy on every hand, you will get 4 Aces with any 2,3,4 once out of every 16236 rounds of play on average.

To be dealt one, the odds are 1 in 216580. You will manually have to hold the cards in DDB, but in TDB it will autohold.

Onenickelmiracl

Post by Onenickelmiracl »

I was wondering. That whole page is a mess and should be redone. Starts off with dealt royals then royal on the draw, then the other hands. I think many people will assume dealt odds for every item in the first section unless otherwise noted.