100 times pay deuce wild

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
sally123
Forum Newbie

100 times pay deuce wild

Post by sally123 »

What should I do? on 100 times pay deuce wild I'm dealt an ace with a wild card, the deuce should I hold the ace- deuce ? if I get five aces the machine pays 800 which means I would net 300 on just one five aces

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

What should I do? on 100 times pay deuce wild I'm dealt an ace with a wild card, the deuce should I hold the ace- deuce ? if I get five aces the machine pays 800 which means I would net 300 on just one five aces

No one can answer your question without knowing the entire pay table for the game. So, please post the entire paytable.

Also, note that keeping the ace reduces your chances of catching 4 2s. That is one reason you need to know the entire pay table. Focusing on just one outcome is the downfall of many VP players.

Also, keep in mind the strategy for 100 play (or any multi-play) is the same as single line play.

sally123
Forum Newbie

Post by sally123 »

Thanks’ READ THE PAY TABLE first got it should do this first before I play a machine
ROYAL FLUSH 4000
FOUR DEUCES PLUS ACE 2000
FOUR DEUCES 1000
WILD ROYAL FLUSH 125
FIVE ACE 800
FIVE THREES THRU FIVES 250
FIVE SIXS THRU KINGS 100
STRAIGHT FLUSH 60
FOUR OF A KIND 20
FULL HOUSE 15
FLUSH 10
STRAIGHT 5
THREE OF A KIND 5

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

This pay table is for a game called Double Bonus Deuces Wild (DBDW). The payback is 99.8% and is the full pay version of this game. I programmed the paytable into winpoker (using the bonus deuces game) and used the "analyze"-"any hand" pull down. The result is that you do keep A-2 over a single 2. 

I'm pretty sure you could do the same analysis in FVP or VPW. If you plan on playing very much VP you should invest in one of these software programs to help you learn not only the above strategy play but all the rest of the expert play holds required to achieve the 99.8% payback I mentioned above.