February Contest: Good Times Pay Poker!

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
faygo
Video Poker Master

Re: February Contest: Good Times Pay Poker!

Post by faygo »

How gracious you fellers are. I intend to keep holding the lone 10 of hearts hoping for one of those Royal thingys. I can understand cd with the dial-up but, EDC with your big win in Vegas thought you would hang in there.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Losing holds is getting frustrating. Last time I lost trips twice. One of them was aces. But, I refuse to play slowly.

I have noticed that some times the problem occurs even when I let all the credits count up and wait for the floating multipliers.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Are you quickly hitting 1,3, Enter (etc) or not hitting "enter" at all when these draws occur?

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Are you quickly hitting 1,3, Enter (etc) or not hitting "enter" at all when these draws occur?

Normally numbers followed by enter and then enter again to speed up credit counting(which usually works fine). However, I don't always hit enter the second time and it still fails occasionally.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

Shadow: I was playing no differently than you were and only saw an occasional glitch where it wouldn't register anything until the multipliers were done bouncing and settling. This was very infrequent mind you but it did happen. I also used enter to tally the win points quicker and it never glitched. Must be that secret online area 51 service provider you're using!

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Ed, what speed are you playing? I have no problem at two bars. It only fails for me at full speed.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Well, the timing on this game is different from most to be sure, with the multipliers moving around. I'm just trying to determine if the cause is as was initially described with the number keys actually triggering a draw, or if the holds are being made a little prematurely in the cycle and not registering, then the deal button (or enter key) pressed to make the draw with no hold cards made.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

Well, here's what I experienced y'all. I was laying at top speed (3 bars) and using 1-5 keys for card holds, enter key for deal/draw. Only very occasionally, would it not register a hold as I might have prematurely hit the number key prior to the multiplier sequence beginning. I always tried to wait a second for the multipliers to start their movement before punching the number keys. That was the sole glitch other than several 3 and 4RF all suits failing to convert as well as several trip A's not converting. almost 1,100 hands, I believe there was 7 quads, 1 set was A's no kicker, rest were 5-K variety for 250 credits. Be nice to see one of the forum regulars get a nice hit now and again.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

The draw starts as soon as the one of the number keys is pressed.

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

I can understand cd with the dial-up but, EDC with your big win in Vegas thought you would hang in there.

Ed and I have been doing a lot of whining to each other about the contest (our results, or lack thereof).   I haven't had any problems with the game glitching on my dial-up connection, but I think the flying multipliers are a little annoying/distracting so I haven't been playing much.    They kind of remind me of the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz. 

I was dealt quad 3's w/kicker in TDB, but with multipliers of only 1x, 1x, and 2x.    So, put me down for a "5" on the monthly Whine-o-Meter.