Multistrike poker

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
zekezeke
Forum Newbie

Multistrike poker

Post by zekezeke »

When playing Multistrike poker I always hold the two high face cards rather than a low pair for the first two levels. There seems to be two levels of thought on this play, some people hold the pair, any thoughts? 

njmike37

Post by njmike37 »

Hi Zeke,

I also only hold the 2 high cards, because on the 1st few levels, you are mainly interested in getting just a winner, no matter how big.  Sure, you may occasionally catch quads holding the pairs, but in the long run, you're probably better off just holding the high cards.  When I play it, I usually get 2 or 3 winners doing it this way versus 0 or 1 winner when I hold the pair..

Mike

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Yes I do what I can to get to the top line and then play more normal.  I dont know if it's good or bad or smart.

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

I think its smart-However i think on the third line I would go for the best hand because its 4x!

bicyclecardplayer
Forum Rookie

Post by bicyclecardplayer »

I go back and forth I can never decide: 

However my game of choice is Joker Poker Multistrike so if I got dealt a small pocket pair I always keep it unless I have A-K in my hand.

njmike37

Post by njmike37 »

I go back and forth I can never decide: 

However my game of choice is Joker Poker Multistrike so if I got dealt a small pocket pair I always keep it unless I have A-K in my hand.

That is the correct strategy for Joker Poker as well on the 1st 2 lines.  A-K will return more winners than holding a low pair, giving you more opportunity for the higher levels.

Mike