Video Poker Extravaganza (March Contest)

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
cddenver
Video Poker Master

Re: Video Poker Extravaganza (March Contest)

Post by cddenver »

I can see me playing 24/7 if I were to go gold. HOW do you manage self-discipline and log off this site? Those interfering ads are just plain WRONG and I'm trying to stick up for the little guy.

In my case the daily leaderboard for each of the Gold games that I play is a big help.  If I happen to make it up there in a given day I bail out - it's easier to get up and leave when you're ahead, right?    I usually play 1/2 hour to 1 hour a day covering 5-6 games.   On down days you learn pretty quickly for each game how far down you can get before you need a true miracle to save the day.  So usually when I hit those low points I just decide that it wasn't to be for that day and I bail out.  Usually. 

Don't forget some of the other Gold benefits - the personal challenges are always fun, and it's nice to see pals in the chat window and talk to them for a while.

No one likes the ads, but they help keep the free part of the site free. 

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

marie were you whuppin' on me, probably the only Detroit Lions fan left on the Planet? 

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

Interesting argument cd but still sounds like much more time would be spent on this site w gold membership. O faygo, never! Let's worry about the LIONS later when they will most likely make their come back next season. For now, let's hear GO GREEN for those MSU SPARTANS in SWEET SIXTEEN (Big Ten Champs!) Copy that MFP! 

MFP

Post by MFP »

Roger that Marie.."GO GREEN". It will be nice to have MSU PLAYING @ FORD FIELD... As far as the Lions go I will start out very optimistic and see where it goes from there..Marie hope you had a good trip..did you hear while you were gone MGM Detroit most likely up FOR SALE..

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Round 3 begins now. It's down to 16!For updates and continued progress, visit Tournament Central and click on "Updates & Stats" in the top-right.

MFP

Post by MFP »

WM, You & everyone else did a fantastic job..Thanks again.

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

MFP: AC was a fun trip.Yeah, it's weird because I thought MGM was the most profitable in our area.  I'm in a VP tournament there Thurs. I try to help them out. Have you checked out ticket prices on eBay for the final four @ Ford Field!!!

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

Being put up for sale is far different from being put out of business. as noted on another thread, Detroit along with the Bellagio are being flaunted for buyers to keep the books positive for MGM/Mirage. Doesn't meen they're not moneymakers, just ones with higher or highest overheads for them. As Shadowman noted elsewhere, Doesn't meen they'll close up, just continue running under current or new management. Most AC properties are in the danger zone too.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We're down to just 8 players!The 4 finalists will be decided before the end of the weekend.Complete update here

Deloradeuces18
Forum Regular

Post by Deloradeuces18 »

Fantastic contest. Some real lucky turds out there. Wish I was one of them.