contests

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
T T
Forum Rookie

contests

Post by T T »

Do you need to be a gold member to win? Has anyone ever won that wasn't

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

I could be wrong (hardly ever) but I don't believe a Gold Member has ever won.
We do win every day though, no ads, game chat, fun member challenges and great discounts on items such as the current promotion on the new training software.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

I have never even come close to winning and I am not golden.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

There is no increase in contest odds for Gold Members. As was noted, I don't think a Gold member has ever won one of these in the past year... some have won runner-up prizes but I don't think any have come out on top. The current leader "Scratch" is a gold member and I think this could be the first time a gold member will win, if someone else doesn't pull it off on the last day. I understand any frustration as those are some tough scores to beat!

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

I could be wrong (hardly ever) but I don't believe a Gold Member has ever won.
We do win every day though, no ads, game chat, fun member challenges and great discounts on items such as the current promotion on the new training software.

I did manage to win a runner-up prize for low score in a contest.    But I agree, I don't think a Gold Member has ever come in first.

Don't forget that great scoring system in the Gold games, like having a daily contest for every game.  There's nothing like sitting atop one of those daily leaderboards and dropping rocks on the peons below you. (Ouch! Ouch!)  Plus, it's cheaper than smoking crack.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

Crack is getting over the top, supply and demand at work.
Capitalism working like it is suppose to.

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

Crack is getting over the top, supply and demand at work.
Capitalism working like it is suppose to.

Have the guv'mint take over the distribution and sale of crack.  In no time at all, no one would be able to afford it - problem solved.  Then they'd come over here for their fix (cheaper and healthier).  I'm sure that WM would love to have another 1,000,000 people whining at him for one thing or another.    

Just think about how tough it would be to make the contest leaderboards then...

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

Then you would be smoking crack!

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

wonder what fors they call it crack?

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

wonder what fors they call it crack?

I'm having a bit of a slow day so I decided to research this one.  "Crack" is the sound it makes when it's being processed; kind of like the sound your Rice Krispies make when you pour the milk in.  Here's the complete story on it, so that we all can become our neighborhood crack experts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crack_cocaine

While I was at Wikipedia I thought I'd check to see if they had anything on special plays.  Nada.