vegas trip

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
luv2gamble2
Forum Rookie

Re: vegas trip

Post by luv2gamble2 »

Thank you very much

vidopoker

Post by vidopoker »

n

kitbodit
Forum Newbie

Post by kitbodit »

Just back from Vegas......very expensive poker playing.  Four of a kind are a rarity.  Back a few years, you could at least find machines that played along, and you could sit and enjoy playing.  Now, twenty in, twenty in, twenty in etc.
They are tight!  Tried different games, different denominations.  Funny thing when I would win something worthwhile, there was nothing before it and definetly nothing until it was once again gone.   Money management by husband says, but who goes to Vegas to watch other people play...not Me!   Seriously, the programs on the machines are so tight that it realy took the enjoyment out of playing and wanting to be in Vegas.

Slowhand10k
Forum Newbie

Post by Slowhand10k »

I just hit an $8,000 royal earlier today in Vegas on the strip and it was followed up with quad aces for $1,600 within five minutes.  Luckily, I had a plane to catch and could not give it back.  I had a long gap between quads during this trip, but before the royal I hit 10 of them in 3 hours.

VIDEOPKRPLAYER
Forum Newbie

Post by VIDEOPKRPLAYER »

Nice Trip

marlo

Post by marlo »

WOW !    Slowhand10k that was great but I have to agree with Kitbodit ...
I was there early Dec.....most of the machines squeaked ....
Went and played some penny machines ... had fun :)
I know that isn't what a poker site would like to hear but sometimes you have the change the routine and win something .. anything!

kjohn

Post by kjohn »

I read from you guys about  $8000 royals and drool, but don't you have to play $2 machines to win that???? That's $10 a pop which is pretty steep if you want to play for hours on end....I can go through $100 FAST on $.25.  I can just imagine how much I'd have to invest on a $2 machine...BUT if you do hit the pay off is nice...The bottom line is how far ahead are you at the end of a years play....I was WAY behind this year even playing conservatively because, like a lot of people, I play it all back.  Who indeed goes to Vegas just to go to a movie or sit in your room and watch TV or even sit by a pool when it's warm...???   Not me!!!  I just want to space out in front of my VP machine....

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

I just want to space out in front of my VP machine.... Yay Kjohn! An ode to the commited VP player/enthusiast. Setting win/loss goals is a great way to manage your VP bankroll but I have yet to do this other than discipline and counting my wins/losses in the hotel room. Elsewise, bring another drink and leave me to play. I'll be alright!

kjohn

Post by kjohn »

Ed da Cat your my kind of man...LOL   Heading to the "other world" next Mon.  It's 6 degrees today and getting colder tomorrow..I can't wait to leave the frozen Midwest and head to the sunny sky's  of Vegas...Of course I seldom see the sun but just knowing it's out there brings me great comfort.  My discipline is to never cash a check or use an ATM.  Take what I can afford to loose and eat a lot of  sea food and dessarts...that terry cloth robe at RR is pretty nice also...The good life....

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

Good luck in sin city, kjohn! May we both win BIG! We're flying out on Monday also from the Midwest! I remember a small pool in front of the Trop was frozen over one morning at this time of year! It can be very cool at night and nearby Mt Charleston has snow and skiing usually. I've been brushing up on five VP games and anxious to see what happens in Vegas! It's only 23 degrees here. We have to fire up the snow blower in the morning because some 5" of powder fell this afternoon. It's so beautiful on the towering blue spruce trees in the back yard!