Ultimate X Poker

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
Vman96
Video Poker Master

Re: Ultimate X Poker

Post by Vman96 »

[QUOTE=Tedlark]

The "it" or "something else" is a high value multiplier that was leftover because the previous player ran out of money or just decided to stop playing. When a troll finds a high value multiplier they will play that hand out at max coin hoping to hit a little score.

So, that explains why I typically see the troll scroll through all the different games and denominations, but never actually inserts cash until, I guess, they find a game where there is a leftover multiplier.

In the high limit room, I might see several people sit at the ultimate X game within the span of an hour, but it seems like no one actually plays . . .[/QUOTE]

I did play a few hands in the high limit room for about 2 minutes each at Horseshoe Hammond and Harrah's Joliet last week. No big wins but came out ahead overall. One thing that worries me, I'm starting to desensitize myself to $25 wagers thanks to this game...

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

There are plenty of trolls at Mohegan Sun. Some of the games I play are located right next to the " Troll " machines. I don't play them myself, but have seen the trolls make a few big hits from the " leftovers " and also get wiped out in the process sometimes.

DougJ

Post by DougJ »

There are plenty of trolls at Mohegan Sun. Some of the games I play are located right next to the " Troll " machines. I don't play them myself, but have seen the trolls make a few big hits from the " leftovers " and also get wiped out in the process sometimes.

Same here. It's why I said I get annoyed by the trolls, because typically the machines I like to play happen to be located next to these Ultimate X machines.

Really, what I am wondering is: WHO are these people that play these machines and apparently have no idea how to play them, because otherwise why are they leaving these multipliers orphaned on the machines?

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Really, what I am wondering is: WHO are these people that play these machines and apparently have no idea how to play them, because otherwise why are they leaving these multipliers orphaned on the machines?

People on random flyers I'd guess, or the ones that lose to the point that they can no longer make a max bet but they still won one small multiplier, so they quit because they don't want to lose anymore money instead of risking more money until they get rid of all the multipliers. Finding multipliers in the high limit rooms is somewhat rare though. I think last week is my first ever success on finding one in a high limit room. I think most people playing there know not to leave them behind. Hence the many people checking the machines in there who end up not playing.

DougJ

Post by DougJ »

People on random flyers I'd guess, or the ones that lose to the point that they can no longer make a max bet but they still won one small multiplier, so they quit because they don't want to lose anymore money instead of risking more money until they get rid of all the multipliers. Finding multipliers in the high limit rooms is somewhat rare though. I think last week is my first ever success on finding one in a high limit room. I think most people playing there know not to leave them behind. Hence the many people checking the machines in there who end up not playing.

HEY!! So, are you admitting to being one of the trolls?    Ha, at least you sound like you actually play the game AND know how to play it!

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

HEY!! So, are you admitting to being one of the trolls?    Ha, at least you sound like you actually play the game AND know how to play it!

Yeah, I admit to being one. I can't help doing it when I get hits like this. It definitely was lucky on which line it showed up on. Happy Easter to me!

I would love to play more as the actual game is fun.   But it's rough ride, and paytables are typically not good, even though people play Ultimate X worse than most other VP games. The pic above was 8/5 DDB.

DougJ

Post by DougJ »

Nice win!

Am I doing the math correctly, are you betting $7.50 per spin?

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

I wish...$12.50 on that one. It's easily the biggest gambling I do. Ultimate X is expensive for quarters and beyond.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

I agree 100% fun game but I don't play many hands at it. I might play 10 hands then move machines hoping for a hit like this last night.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Always love to see dealt quads on this game but sadly it doesn't happen often enough.

Congrats to you.