August Contest featuring... Spin Poker!

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
Webman
Video Poker Master

August Contest featuring... Spin Poker!

Post by Webman »

It's time for our August Contest featuring a long time favorite, Spin Poker.
It's the first game to successfully blend video poker and video slots.
For those of you who haven't played Spin Poker, it's a fun game where
the first hand is dealt on the center line. What you hold on the center
hand is also held on the top and bottom lines. Hands are then counted
across and diagonally, creating a total of 9 opportunities for a
winning hand.
We're also increasing the stakes this month.
The member with the highest points in the contest wins up to 3 nights at the beautiful MGM Signature in Las Vegas!
Plus,
we'll send VideoPoker.com merchandise packages to our top five point
runners up, and to the top five players with the most winning lines in
a single 200 hand session. These packages will include a button-down
shirt, a T-shirt, a golf cap, and some other goodies. You can preview
some of these items at the VideoPoker.com store.
The contest starts today and ends on August 31st so enter soon!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

With 9 lines per deal, a dealt royal will net you 36,000 points. As we've seen in previous contests, those amazing hits can come at any time.We expect some crazy scores this go 'round. It won't be easy, but it could be you. Best of luck to all!

SunnyAnn
Forum Rookie

Post by SunnyAnn »

It's probably my computer, but I'm only getting all three rows to spin every OTHER spin. The other spin is just for the middle row, which I get nothing. Weird.
Good luck everyone!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

The first spin is your initial deal. Then you need to choose your hold cards. Then hit spin again and all lines will go and your payouts will be calculated on the draw.Then repeat with an initial deal, hold then draw all lines again.

SunnyAnn
Forum Rookie

Post by SunnyAnn »

The first spin is your initial deal. Then you need to choose your hold cards. Then hit spin again and all lines will go and your payouts will be calculated on the draw.

Then repeat with an initial deal, hold then draw all lines again.

Thank you! That did the trick!

Now all I need are a few royal flushes :)

rayj

Post by rayj »

After every 200 hands and after my score is registered, I click play again andI get the "Please Wait for the contest to load"... and it just sits there, ont time over 10 minutes!!!I tried a refresh with no luck.  I usually have to go to the home page and start over???

Marksman
Forum Regular

Post by Marksman »

I see the current leader (43,000+++) held a lone 10 of spades and lo and behold, all of the other 12 drawn cards compromised what looks to be a dealt royal, but it was not. The odds must be in the millions of this occurring....or did it?  I'm wondering why I would hold a lone 10 in the first place.

vidopoker

Post by vidopoker »

I see the current leader (43,000+++) held a lone 10 of spades and lo and behold, all of the other 12 drawn cards compromised what looks to be a dealt royal, but it was not. The odds must be in the millions of this occurring....or did it?  I'm wondering why I would hold a lone 10 in the first place.

I guess you'd have to see it to believe it!

damule
VP Veteran

Post by damule »

I saw that too. There is definitely something wrong here. If just the 10 were held, all the other cards cannot make royals. In spin poker when 1 card is held there are 12 more cards to be dealt, not 4. Either this player was dealt a royal and held it, not just the 10 as the snapshot shows, or there is an anomoly with the software that must be corrected to make the contest fair. WM, we need answers on this one!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

It was indeed the first dealt royal flush of the contest. Thanks for catching it, we will update the systems. The reason the hold card is off in this case is because the system automatically holds all cards. We are currently only updating the holds in Spin Poker when the user selects them, so an autohold (which only happens with a dealt royal) did not register all the cards as held.