6's & Royals

Where do you like to go? Who has good promos? Start a topic for your local area.
oniegolf1@cs.com
Forum Rookie

6's & Royals

Post by oniegolf1@cs.com »

It's a question I always wanted to ask. I've played VP for about 5 years now. I have noticed that invariably the number 6 comes-up as the fifth card when there are 4 cards to the Royal. Anyone ever noticed this, and if so, is there a scientific reason? To me, it is way too coincidental, which has always made me think, despite the RNG, which I understand, it has to be a programming issue. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Message edited to remove note about online gambling

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

Ive found that I usually get a nine!

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Personally, I have seen many "short term" anomalies over the years that eventually disappeared. Currently I'm drawing black 8s quite often when holding 4 to a RF.

The only way to convince anyone would be to keep a log of these.

Finally, I suspect the RNGs employed in VP machines simply don't have the range to cover ALL possible permutations of cards. However, they do provide sufficient range to assure the proper distribution of results. That's all that really matters.

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

I am really glad someone other than myself has been noticing these suspicious occurrances. Someone needs to do something! I have noticed repeatedly that when I hold four to the royal I don't get the fifth royal card. This has happened exactly 7 times in a row now. I am very, very suspicious. Should I notify the state gaming commission?

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

I myself have noticed that when I draw one card to a 4-card Royal, one of two things happens

I get the Royal
I don't get the Royal.  When I don't get it, I never get the card that would make the Royal   That just don't seem right!  Plus, more often than not, I hit neither a straight, a flush or JOB!
Seriously though, I got two Royals last September (one on my birthday!) and haven't hit one since.  The first of those came from drawing to a 3-Card Royal and the other a 4-Card Royal.  Prior to that, my only royal came back in 2003.
I have NEVER hit a Royal while working the Simulators.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

Sure go ahead. They would probably make good use of your info.
7 in a row. Sounds very unlikey not to have hit on at least 2 or 3 of them.
Hang there butts.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

I am really glad someone other than myself has been noticing these suspicious occurrances. Someone needs to do something! I have noticed repeatedly that when I hold four to the royal I don't get the fifth royal card. This has happened exactly 7 times in a row now. I am very, very suspicious. Should I notify the state gaming commission?

I think you need to change the fur on that rabbit's foot. Or, maybe invest in a new voodoo chant. Or, rub the screen counterclockwise for exactly 7.77 seconds before hitting the enter key.

Like I have a clue ... Last year I went over 200 consectutive 4RF attempts during one stretch before I hit the RF. Then, I hit the very next attempt a couple hours later. I was 5-362 overall. This year I'm 0-60.

Anyone seen any slow rabbits?

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

When dealt 4 to a royal, are not the odds 1:47 for drawing the one card of the 47 remaining to fill the Royal?  That wouldn't include a Joker's game obviously.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

When dealt 4 to a royal, are not the odds 1:47 for drawing the one card of the 47 remaining to fill the Royal?  That wouldn't include a Joker's game obviously.

Yes.

As you can see by my results the odds don't always work out. On the other hand I had almost exactly the number of RFs that I should of gotten. That means I did better on other RF holds.

JHock12
Forum Regular

Post by JHock12 »

A really embarrassing moment for me was Nov. '04 in Vegas when, at about 4 am after basically gambling for 7 or 8 straight hours(and drinking almost as much)I was dealt 4 to the royal in clubs.  After I finished informing everyone within earshot that this was my royal-got a spade to complete the straight.  My blurry eyes saw a black card and I just  screamed and yelled like a moron until I wondered why the machine wasn't cranking out my 4k quarters-a very attractive young lady informed me it was only a straight-winning 5 bucks didn't do much for me except tell me it was time to quit.  And she would'nt come back to my room-just not my night.