not seeing Nov. contest game

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
Minn. Fatz
VP Veteran

not seeing Nov. contest game

Post by Minn. Fatz »

running IE6.0, Win2K on a PC, unistalled/reinstalled Flash10, still can't see the Nov. contest game, please advise, thanks.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Is IE6 the highest version of IE that Win2K supports? That's more than 8 years out of date...Do you have any problems playing the normal 3/5/10 play games on the site?

Minn. Fatz
VP Veteran

Post by Minn. Fatz »

1. Yes, IE6 SP1 is the highest version that Microsoft supports for Win2K.

2. Yes, I now have the same problem with the other games on the site; though I had no problem at all with the October contest.

Unless something changed on this site from then to now, am I to understand you suggest, not only upgrading my browser, but my entire OS?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Nothing has changed in our core elements since the previous contest, so something else must have updated on your system (perhaps the flash player) that is causing some issues. It could be entirely unrelated to your browser and be the result of an anti-virus program update, etc.We always hope to maintain backwards-compatibility as far back as IE6 but as web technologies progress, this gets harder and harder. However, if your games were working last month, I'm hopeful that there is a solution to getting you back up and running.Can you describe what you see when you click on a game? Do you get the load bar at all, or is it just a blank screen? Also please let me know what anti-virus software you have.

Minn. Fatz
VP Veteran

Post by Minn. Fatz »

I get the load bar until about 86 percent or so downloaded, then the game area goes blank. Running Online Armor version 3 with videopoker.com as a trusted site. thanks...

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

If you get the load bar, then it doesn't sound like an issue with things not playing at all. Perhaps a setting has changed on your system that is not allowing it to download the entire file. The first thing that comes to mind is the size of your allowed cache within the flash player settings. This should probably set to 5MB or higher.

Minn. Fatz
VP Veteran

Post by Minn. Fatz »

Thanks for the suggestions, some combination of that or cleaning the ol' cache seems to have done the trick.