strategy card question

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
vpguy3

Re: strategy card question

Post by vpguy3 »

ok thank you. i did find the "strategy" section in vp winners now but need to take some time to figure out what all these things mean! I am such a rookie [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="LOL" />[IMG]smileys/smiley31.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Hug" />

Go to the help screens of VPFW and it is all explained there. I recently got VPFW and am quite pleased with the options available to help my game. Admittedly, the "analyze" option can be pretty confusing if you don't get explanations for all the "lingo". I also appreciate the different strategies for the different paytables; so far, I like it and use it often.

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

vpguy, do they have Super Times Pay Joker poker on the VPFW?

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

vpguy, do they have Super Times Pay Joker poker on the VPFW?

They do. 4 versions of JW Kings or Better and that brain numbing AC Two Pair. I also believe all the paytables are adjustable just like in the "old" WinPoker.

vpguy3

Post by vpguy3 »

Boops,
The four versions mentioned above are actually four paytables; all kings 18/7, 17/7,15/7 and 20/5 along with the two pair AC. Paytables can also be customized.

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

Well I bought the program and now having prioblems downloading. It got to the point where it was configuring windows .net framework and it stayed configuring for almost 2 hrs. I finally ahd to shut down and now there is no sign of the program on my computer. i emailed them and i posted here for help. I dont know if its cause i have AOL but I am not very happy!

njmike37

Post by njmike37 »

Barb,

Did you also buy the CD back-up that they mail to you?  That might be a good option to the download trouble.  The CD I got runs a lot faster than the version I downloaded.

Mike

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Barb,

Did you also buy the CD back-up that they mail to you?  That might be a good option to the download trouble.  The CD I got runs a lot faster than the version I downloaded.

Mike

WHAT???
Is there a new version out there?  A different one than the original download?  I didn't get the CD backup.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

[QUOTE=njmike37]Barb,

Mike

WHAT???
Is there a new version out there?  A different one than the original download?  I didn't get the CD backup.[/QUOTE]

Mike

There is a back up disc available for about $6. I was asked when I purchased the CD (Did not download it, takes forever on my dial up) if I was calling to buy the back up or the game program. I think they are one in the same.

Mike

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Didn't mean to shout  but one of my complaints about VPW has been the hoggish nature of the simulator in terms of CPU usage.  Even with small applications running at the same time on a 2Ghz machine, the slowdown is noticable.

njmike37

Post by njmike37 »

MikeA,

Yes, you can get the backup after purchasing the download and you still should be able to get it.  It cost me $6 and they mailed it the same day I bought it.  The program is the same, but much much quicker IMO

Mike