Ace Invaders

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
bicyclecardplayer
Forum Rookie

Ace Invaders

Post by bicyclecardplayer »

Ace Invaders is a wonderful game to play because I am in love with the Cascading Aces!  I can't find much of a strategy card on this game; the closest I could find is on wizardofodds.com/aceinvaders.

If I have any ace I hold it regardless.  If I am dealt 8-9-10-J-A I hold the ace only .  My main goal is for that 5 aces but it doesn't seem to every come.  Every once in a great while, I might get 4 aces.  I play $5 on a nickel machine and unfortunately it goes pretty quickly.

Love to hear your strategy on this game and any stories you may have on this game!

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Personally, I haven't seen any full pay versions of this game (that would be 10-6 for the FH and FL).  The best I've seen in LV is 8-6 for quarters.
The website you provided is the only place that I'm aware of that has a strategy for ace invaders. It is a very volatile game so you're money won't last long unless you hit a big jackpot.
It is interesting to note that you never throw away any aces. This makes the game quite a bit different than other VP games. To practice the game visit http://www.ledgaming.com/AceInvaders/ht ... wave.shtml