Browser Problems During Contest

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Browser Problems During Contest

Post by BillyJoe »

WebMan, my browser (IE Version 8) is acting funny while playing the contest. The page seems to go "non-current" periodically. I play using the 1-5 and enter keys, not the mouse. I can click a card using the mouse, and it returns to normal / current. It also happens when I am using VIP CHAT.
I ran a scan for viruses (negative), and turned off the Microsoft Firewall (I use McAfee AV), but no improvement.
I know you made some changes to lessen the load times on the games, which is great. Any chance that may be the culprit?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Does it happen when you go between chat and the game, or if you are just plugging away at the game? Does it happen in the non-contest games as well now, or only the contest? Does it seem to happen when the scores refresh?

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

I think I found the culprit, WebMan. I have Microsoft Auto-Update on, and it had downloaded two critical patches that it was trying to install. I re-booted the PC so it could finish the patch install, brought the site and contest back up, and all is fine now. Sorry for the false alarm.