Has anyone here been to the Venetian?

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
jm002546

Re: Has anyone here been to the Venetian?

Post by jm002546 »

Just saw a post that Venetian applied a "subtle" change to some few remaining 9/6 JOB-cut the royal to 2500! Guess they will be called 2500/9/6.

ginxxxx

Post by ginxxxx »

[QUOTE=marie meijer]

[QUOTE=ginxxxx] Staying at the Rio.                                                               LUCK and fun in Vegas! Thank you!  We saw BIG Elvis once on our way to Margaritaville.  Loved the sound, but couldn't watch very long.  Just where are your special VP machines at the Palms?  Right by the food court?

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

ginxxxx: T'was a busy weekend here and sorry I did not see your last post before you left! We all want to know: WHAT happened in Vegas?

ginxxxx

Post by ginxxxx »

ginxxxx: T'was a busy weekend here and sorry I did not see your last post before you left! We all want to know: WHAT happened in Vegas?
Not much at the Rio, although got enough 4trees to keep playing,  Just as we were getting ready to leave my husband(the cooler) came and sat beside me and hit 4 aces on his first draw.I had more fun and lots better luck at Red Rock and Palms.  The double bank of ddb machines by the entrance near the food court have been replaced by penny 100 play.  I played over by the cashier cage.  I love to play deuces wild there.  They have a triple game that I like.Also, while waiting for the "Phantom" show, we played ddb at the Venetian,  I was doing so well I didn't want to leave it.  But the show was great.  We ate later at the food court and it was pretty good.One observation...we thought that LV would be deserted or at least lighter than usual, but the opposite was true.  Took thirty minutes to find parking at the Venetian and even the Palms looked busy.  Folks who drove in from SoCal on Sunday said traffic was a nightmare.  We noticed on Tuesday that the lane squeeze at Stateline was as usual.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

We noticed on Tuesday that the lane squeeze at Stateline was as usual.

Ginny, what time did you leave(LV)? Usually, weekday traffic is light except around the dinner hour.(from someone who lives nearby in Jean) I'm shocked as most people I talk to said they would curtail or cancel their LV trips and lots more using buses from Ca to LV.