best win

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
lisalovessnoopy
Forum Rookie

Re: best win

Post by lisalovessnoopy »

Best win was last year - dealt K-J-10-A of spades on a Double Down Stud machine (.50) playing Deuces Wild and caught the Q of spades.  A Royal without Deuces....it was so sweet! 

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

wow great one!!!

allenrudy
Forum Newbie

Post by allenrudy »

Lady next to me, grabbed my shoulder and said, "Oh my God, I hit the double down by mistake on a Royal. I looked over and the machine had dealt itself a 7, she drew an Ace. Her machine said you have 24,000 credits, do you want to double to 48,000? It was a "dealt" royal on triple play.  3K - 6K by mistake. Next week, same machine dealt me a Royal on Triple Play.

knagl
Forum Regular

Post by knagl »

Yowza -- I couldn't gamble $3000 against a 7 -- glad it worked out for her!

Here's my biggest VP win, and my biggest machine win:

chuck arl

Post by chuck arl »

Always remember, with good hits as seen above the tax man always cometh. Boo Hiss!!!

lakeboy
Forum Rookie

Post by lakeboy »

Funny story. Reminds me of a time me and a friend were sitting at a bar
in the Rio in Las Vegas and a guy sitting at the video poker machine
next to me hit four aces on the draw....he was yelling and then hid
DEAL. Boywas he mad when he realised that he did not save any of the
aces. Got to pay attention.

babybubba

Post by babybubba »

Always remember, with good hits as seen above the tax man always cometh. Boo Hiss!!!

Chuck:  Just remember--A W2G is the same thing as a JACKPOT. I want as many as I can get in a year.

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

How good is the IRS about cross-checking the W2G's, anyway? About four or five years ago I left a few W2G's off of my return through sheer disorganization. I should have filed an amended return later but I never got around to it. To this day, I have never had a query from the IRS about the discrepancy.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

I think I might have kept that to myself. I think that Eduardo guy  is IRS.

bigboy

Post by bigboy »

[QUOTE=chuck arl]Always remember, with good hits as seen above the tax man always cometh. Boo Hiss!!!

Chuck:  Just remember--A W2G is the same thing as a JACKPOT. I want as many as I can get in a year.[/QUOTE]

The one thing that bothers me is that nobody ever discusses/analyzes the impact of W2G's on those of us who live in states with an income tax. It's always taken for granted that you will write off your wins on the 1040, but when it comes to the state side of the equation- generally, you're screwed.