Firefox Browser

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
AZ Barb

Firefox Browser

Post by AZ Barb »

Webman, I just downloaded Mozilla Firefox browser and really love it, but cannot play any games.  I can access the forum, but when I go to play any games, they load, but then say that my session has expired and I must try again.  When I do try again, I get the same message.  I have logged out and in again, and rebooted to no avail.  Cookies are allowed.  I am accessing you now in Internet Explorer, but would love to use Firefox.  Any suggestions?  Thanks, Barb

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

It does sound like a cookie issue, even if your security is set to allow cookies on some levels. Make sure to explicitly allow all cookies for videopoker.com as follows:In Firefox1) Tools > Options > Privacy > History 2) Select Firefox will "use custom settings for history"3) Click "Exceptions"4) Under "Address of web site:" Type "videopoker.com"5) Click "Allow"6) Click "Close"7) Click "OK"8) Close all browser windows, then return to the site.Let me know if this fixes it. If not, we can investigate further. I'm using Firefox right now, with no problems.

AZ Barb

Post by AZ Barb »

Webman, I did what you suggested, and I still get the same message.  I restarted, and it did not help.  We need to investigate further.  Thanks.  Barb

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Make sure internet explorer is closed when you try, so that another session isn't starting in another browser. This can cause this same message, though the cookie permissions have always solved the issue for people in the past.Since you just installed, I'll assume you are using the latest version of Firefox: 3.6.8Please confirm that for me though by going to Help > About Mozilla FirefoxI'll try to think of what else could be causing this.

AZ Barb

Post by AZ Barb »

I am using version 3.6.8, and internet explorer is closed.  I only used it to verify that I could still access and play poker.  I also uninstalled the VideoPoker.com VideoPoker Room, because when I pulled it up and tried to play Video poker (not table poker) instructions came up automatically on IE, not Firefox.  I thought that might have something to do with it, so I uninstalled it, and rebooted, but I still have the same problem.  When I go to play poker, I get the session timed out message.  Thanks for your help.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

The Poker Room will have no effect... it's a completely separate program.I'm still trying to think of what else could be stopping your game from working. Never run into this before...Let's try making sure javascript is enabled.Tools > Options > Content > Enable Javascript

AZ Barb

Post by AZ Barb »

Javascript is enabled.  By the way, I am able to play any games that do not track credit, like Ace Invaders.  Strange, huh?  Thanks, Barb

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Alright, it may not be your browser at all, even though it is only happening in Firefox. Can you let me know what antivirus and anti-spyware software you are running? It's possible that those are obstructing the cookies as well.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

AZbarb, In following link are a number of issues folks have had with firefox. One might be yours.

http://www.videopoker.com/forum/search_ ... KW=firefox

AZ Barb

Post by AZ Barb »

Webman, I am using McAfee antivirus, and Spybot.  Faygo, when I tried to click on that link, I got a message that either I do not have permission to run that search, or it expired.  Thank you for your suggestions.