Firefox Browser

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
Webman
Video Poker Master

Re: Firefox Browser

Post by Webman »

Alright, I don't know if this applies to the latest version of McAfee, but it's the best I've found so far. Let's try it. McAfee internet security
Right-click the red M icon by your system clock in the bottom right"Privacy Service" > "Options"McAfee Privacy Service appears. Click the "Cookies" tabEnter "videopoker.com" as a site to allow cookies on.Click "add"Close all windows, including browsers, then try playing again.

AZ Barb

Post by AZ Barb »

Webman, my version of McAfee doesn't show a Privacy Service, nor give me any way to allow cookies.  I am able to allow internet access to programs under my firewall protection, and I have made sure that videopoker.com is a site that is on the allowed list.  Do you have any other ideas?

AZ Barb

Post by AZ Barb »

Webman, here's another twist:  I was able to play one session in the contest, but my score would not submit.  I waited 5 minutes, and tried to resubmit twice.  It was only 675, so not a big deal, but if I had beat Luigi1, I would have been upset 

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Can you tell me what version of McAffee you have? Maybe the cookie settings are buried somewhere... And yes, definitely don't play in the contest using Firefox until we get your problem resolved. It won't be able to set scores because it also uses cookies.

AZ Barb

Post by AZ Barb »

It's kind of hard to tell because it comes with my ISP, Cox.  It looks like it might be version 9.15.  When I look at the program and try to search for cookies, or to allow cookies, there is no way to do that, only to allow access to programs, as I told you earlier.  Perhaps I won't be able to use Firefox here...

AZ Barb

Post by AZ Barb »

Webman, I didn't mention that my OS is Windows Vista....sometimes that makes a difference because Vista is weird.  Barb

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

All the help files I've come across mention a "privacy service" tab in McAffee. Maybe try looking in an advanced settings menu or something?

AZ Barb

Post by AZ Barb »

Webman I've looked at every menu I can, and there is no privacy service in my version of McAfee.  I don't know what else to do.  I'm thinking that it may have to do with Vista.  My sister uses Firefox with XP and although she is not Gold, has no problem playing games or having her scores accepted in the contest. 

janemichaels

Post by janemichaels »

i got my problem fixed, webman--had to go through the tutorial and then it behaved normally

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Jane,That's because I fixed it while you were doing the tutorial