Disconnected from contests

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
Webman
Video Poker Master

Re: Disconnected from contests

Post by Webman »

Vol,I'm sorry I don't have any answers yet. It's very strange that any page would come up blank like that if you're still connected to the internet. We also aren't running any ads through specific media right now so that's even stranger.Perhaps you have some sort of Spyware on your system that is activating during gameplay. Do you have a program to scan for and remove spyware?

Vol
Forum Rookie

Post by Vol »

Webman,

I have a standard anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc program (I won't say which one).  My experience is that it doesn.t block all bad things, the scans don't detect all bad things,  but if you call and pay them $90. they will take over your computer and clean it thoroughly.  They brought my laptop from 'near death' to 'like new'.  The problem I wrote about is with my desktop as that is where I have been doing the contests.  I think that I am about to pay another $90.

Do the url's that I have included in earlier posts help at all?  i.e. can your computer techs tell if they are from the contests, or from ads, or whatever?

It occurs to me as I write this that I should try a contest on my laptop to see if the problem occurs there.

Thanks for your help. 

Vol

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Vol,That isn't the way most antivirus programs work... they should run and keep your system clean all the time. There are some scam applications out there that actually make it look like your system is infected, get you to pay a fee, then turn those "features" off for a time until they want you to pay again.I strongly suggest you do a search for the name of your program and make sure it's not such a program.Here is some good information that's worth anyone's time on the matter:http://www.scambusters.org/fakeantivirus.htmlAnd yes, playing on your laptop would be good to determine if it's something on your machine, or the site. Unless of course it's on both machines.

Vol
Forum Rookie

Post by Vol »

Webman,
I have probably one of the two largest selling anti-virus programs, and thats the way it works for me. 
I entered the September  contest several times using my laptop and all was ok.  And my desktop is now kicking me off other sites.  So, I guess my desktop computer is at fault. 
Sorry to bother you with a problem that was apparently not a videopoker.com problem.  If you would like to know my anti-virus vendor, please send me a personal  e-mail and I will reply.
Thanks for your assistance,

Vol