Disconnected from contests

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
Vol
Forum Rookie

Disconnected from contests

Post by Vol »

I have been a member for going on two years with no technical problems till recent contests.  Midway through the contest, usually 50 - 100 hands, the contest web page flips to a Dell page ( I have a Dell computer) which says, "cannot find the url", then gives the url, the last one being

http://ads.specificmedia.com/serve/v%3D ... 3Btm%3D0-0.

I cannot reconnect to the contest without starting over.  This problem started as intermittent, but has been every time for my last dozen or so attenpts over about three contests,

Anyone else experience similar behavior.  VP.com technicians, what's going on?

Vol
Forum Rookie

Post by Vol »

I did just get through a contest session.  But the disconnect problem has been a real frustration.

Vol

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

It sounds like there's possibly an ad causing the page to redirect, which is never supposed to happen. Have you noticed any particular ad up top or to the right of the game when this occurs? We'll look into this right away.

Vol
Forum Rookie

Post by Vol »

Thanks, Webman.  I don't recall the any specific ad, since the error occurs unexpectedly.  At one point, I thought I might have accidentally clicked on an ad, but at later times the contest pages redirected at a time when I was sure that I had not done so.  But, even if I did, it should revert to the ad page, not the generic "can't find the url" page.   Since the problem has occurred over a period longer than a month, I would expect that the ads would change, so that no one ad would be causing the problem.
Again, thank you for looking into this,
Vol 

Vol
Forum Rookie

Post by Vol »

Webman,

It just happened again.  Several games before, the ad at the top was K12.com and the ad to the right was Crate and Barrel.  The referenced url was

http://ads.nlop.com/openads/www/deliver ... id%3D10343.

Hope this helps,  Vol

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

My two cents: Vol do you have windows 7? I have found that if the cursor is left on an ad , good old MS decides I want to see it. It happens also if it is left on a link on the page for , say the forum, etc. and then if I try to go back it says the URL when Bye, Bye. I really found this happening when I am dealing using the keyboard and lose track of where the cursor is.

Oh and I HATE WINDOWS SEVEN!

Vol
Forum Rookie

Post by Vol »

Faygo,

I have Windows XP.  Do you mean do I use  Internet Explorer 7 for my browser?  Yes I do.  Have you changed to IE8 or something different like Firefox?  Any improvement?

Vol

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Vol, I don't have a problem on my XP only on the new netbook with Windows 7. I also have IE7. Guess this isn't your issue.
I'm sure Webman will figure it out. 

Now if only I could figure out how to make this new gee whiz go to heck Canon printer work, I would be happy.

I'm also bad with Gas Furnaces.

Bluetongue
Forum Newbie

Post by Bluetongue »

Just to confirm problems with the site, my wife is a regular "free" player on the site when about a week ago problems arose. We also have a Dell computer operating on Vista Basic system and she uses Windows Explorer. She is also transported from her game to a Dell Search Page with the difference being that search address is sm.nexac.com/dpi/data%3Fpid%3D1 Hope this can be of help. Cheers

Vol
Forum Rookie

Post by Vol »

Bluetongue,

Thanks for contributing with your first post.

My experience is that the referenced url changes each time the page flips out.

We'll see if any help is forthcoming,  nothing yet.

Vol