Cannot select a game

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
baldie
Forum Regular

Cannot select a game

Post by baldie »

This is happening in all the games including the contest.  After the game loads and goes to the selection screen (dw, ddb, etc) I can't select a game.  Just started happening and don't remember changing anything else on the puter.   Any ideas??

Thanks,
Rob

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Let me know what browser/version you are using and please check your flash player version here:http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/If it is not 10,1,85,3 installed then please upgrade it and try again. Let me know if that helps.

baldie
Forum Regular

Post by baldie »

Thanks for reply,

flash player is 10,1,85,3  windows 7  with Internet Explorer 8.0.76

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Refreshing that you were able to find your versions so quickly. Thank you. Can you try disabling your anti-virus software just to load a game once and try, then re-enable it right away after? It would be good to know if that is contributing to the problem. If you are uncomfortable doing that, we can try something else. My next suggestion would be if you have Firefox or another browser installed, try there first. I'd like to resolve it for you in IE but that would help determine if it's a browser setting that has somehow been changed. If you don't have another browser, we can try something else.

baldie
Forum Regular

Post by baldie »

Disabled a-v software -no luck-   site  told me i had to install flash player, so I uninstalled old -booted- re-installed -booted-  no such luck- (thought player might be corrupt).   Downloaded and installed Firefox - no luck-Back to work will try later Thanks so much!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Both Firefox and IE are doing the same thing? That's very surprising. It has to be related to flash player or a 3rd party program such as the AV or Anti-Spyware software then. Reinstalling flash player was a good move. It sounds like you're taking all the right steps. Next I guess I would see if you hae any Anti-Spyware software that could be temporarily disabled to test. Otherwise we can get into specific flash player settings.It would be really good to get to the bottom of this, so please keep track of your steps so we can assist others with this problem if they encounter it.

baldie
Forum Regular

Post by baldie »

Interesting development... I'm using a D-link router with a Verison 5750 wireless card.  This puter and another are hard wired into the router.  I tried the other puter this morning and it's doing the same thing!  Perhaps settings on the router preventing games??

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

It's hard to imagine this being a router issue. More than anything it seems like a software security setting that is preventing the flash program from continuing or sending/receiving data.The following url should take you to a web page that lets you adjust your flash player settings right on the page. I have no idea if this will help, but let's try it.Try adding videopoker.com as a trusted site. Then close your browser completely and try a game again.http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... ger04.html

Sassy11
Forum Newbie

Post by Sassy11 »

I have selected 100 play but the button does nothing.middlemiss35@msn.com

baldie
Forum Regular

Post by baldie »

Well, I tried looking at the setting and added it to the trusted sites, still no luck.  It seems odd that of the six computers that I access the site from, the only two that don't work go through that d link router.  I tried resetting the router to factory settings but that didn't work.