Can't access games

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
Lilac0818
Forum Newbie

Can't access games

Post by Lilac0818 »

The name of the game that is not working - Super Times the Pay and Ultimate X (haven't tried any others).
Whether you are on a PC or a Mac - PC
What browser version you are using - IE Version 8
After pressing play, the window does not load and games.  It continues to load ads but no cards are dealt.  I visited Adobe Flash and downloaded the same version but no success.  I know others who are having the same problem, as well. 

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Do you see the cards appear on the screen, but the deal button does not work, or do you never see the game screen appear at all?

Lilac0818
Forum Newbie

Post by Lilac0818 »

No game screen.  No cards. 

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Do you get a "game select" screen that says Double Double Bonus, etc or nothing on the screen at all (just blue)?Does a load bar appear?Are you on dial-up or high speed?

Lilac0818
Forum Newbie

Post by Lilac0818 »

Yes I am able to select a game and get the blue screen after I click "Play Now".  It happens for all games.  If I click out of the "blue screen", for instance, to visit the forum, the load bar appears for a second and says something like "30%" and then reverts be to the link I pressed (ie. forum).  My parents have been having the same trouble on their computer so I downloaded the updated Flash player on their computer and was able to access Double Double.  I receive the same blue screen described above but when I clicked forum, the cards actually loaded.  I played for a while and then chose a different game but had the same problem.  We can let the game sit and load for a long time and it appears to be "stuck".  If we attempt to reload or refresh, it isn't successful but clicking on a link will sometimes load the cards (parents computer - mine loads no cards).  We have DSL.   

Lilac0818
Forum Newbie

Post by Lilac0818 »

Hi, if you are still with me here I cleared my cache and cookies and tried to access the site directly without using my book mark.  Neither of these items worked. 

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

That does sound like the flash player is having problems, but since you updated it must be something else, perhaps security related. I definitely want to figure this one out and get you going.Just so I know we're on the same page, can you tell me the flash player version it says you have when you visit here:http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Lilac0818
Forum Newbie

Post by Lilac0818 »

version 10,1,85,3 installed.  Thanks for your help and determination.  Any advice is appreciated

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Alright. You're all up to date on the flash player. Next thing to try would be to make sure you don't have an incomplete file loaded that your system thinks is complete.Please clear your browser cache, close all browser windows, then try loading a game again, allowing a full minute for the game to load if it does not appear right away.To clear your cache in IE8:Tools > Internet Options > Browsing History > DeleteSelect "Temporary Internet Files" but you do NOT need to clear your cookies or other items (and I suggest you do not)Then close browser and try again.If this doesn't work, we'll have to get into some more detailed browser settings to look at. Thanks for your patience!

Lilac0818
Forum Newbie

Post by Lilac0818 »

So deleting he cache didn't work.  I did a "System Restore" back to 10/1 (prior to the Flash upgrade) and was able to access the site with no problem.  The cards loaded and I played a few games.  Then I downloaded the Flash update and couldn't access the cads again.  I deleted the cache again and still can't load the system.  It appears to be a Flash issue since I am able to function without the upgrade.  Have you seen this before?