big mouths

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
cook1947

big mouths

Post by cook1947 »

A few months ago, one of your gold members felt so shut out of the chats, they said they were going to quit. Everybody wrote back, dont, we'll miss you, etc. Well, tonight, some chatters had to open up their big mouths and felt it necessary to bring the subject up, just to be smart, and ripped off an insult directed to this person. Don't you people know when to keep quiet? If the person sees the snotty remark that I read, I wouldn't blame them from ever coming back. I saw this person had added to the chat this contest and personally glad they were back. I was gold for awhile and found the cliques to be so tight, I never felt welcome either, but I didn't care. High school is over boys and girls, so just shut it.

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

Well stated, cook. A few are stuck in a time warp because they have not grown and the majority of us have moved on to more productive lives. However, I think you could find this same level evident in other social groups, neighborhoods and work places as well. Life is too short and it is simply not worth wasting precious time on small stuff. Psychiatrists have names for this anti social behavior including insecure and bullying. Most of what I see on chat is fun, informative or sympathetic. Step over the mud puddles. (I have no idea where that came from)

cook1947

Post by cook1947 »

Marie, thank you for seeing my point. These two specific persons are on the chat right now (10:35 p.m.) and basically everyone stopped chatting, except for these two. I just wished that someone would have said something in Marknascar's defense. It took courage for Mark to come back on, and just like that, got shot right out of the saddle. I read your chats and realize that most of the chat is for fun..I wish that webman had the ability to just shut them off when people go over the line.

estes1
Forum Regular

Post by estes1 »

as you can see ive edited my post.i agree with part of your post.we shouldnt make fun of other people.but when you add coments like they were childish or other comments your just like they are.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

In case people are wondering I am who cook1947 is refering to. As for cook1947 blasting me because I made a joke about finding it odd that a person would feel the need to post in a public forum their desire to give up their membership to this site cries to me of a person seeking attention. If Marknascar really wanted to give up his membership to the site because of chats that he found offensive then why didn't he send webman a private message and not make his concerns, etc. public?

I have made alot of new friends through this website over the many years that I have been a member. As cook1947 experienced in the 12/26/10 chat exchanges there are a good number of members that have become friends and these same members tease each other about topics that other members might not understand.

This website has long acted as my personal relief valve from my everyday life and it seems as of late that some people have begun to make personal statements (i.e. the current NATIVE AMERICAN discussion in another forum) and forget that this site is for entertainment first and foremost. I also made a comment too last night about Native Americans and for the record, I have Native American blood in my family tree but cook1947 didn't mention this in their post.

I am on this site several hours a night and for the most part I stay out of the chats and that is not because I don't like people but I come to this site to play and enjoy myself. When I choose to jump in to a chat that is going on it is probably because I want to converse with a fellow member who is currently active in the chat board. I have also in the past made comments about Wisconsiners and people with hoses.

As for me and another person being the only ones who at one point were chatting it wasn't because we took over the chat board or offended a great many of the masses; it was more likely that we saw the chat board for entertainment and the friendship that it brings.

In closing, getting to the root of the issue, I would not be typing this right now had Marknascar expressed his wishes to webman in a private message instead of opening himself up to the whole website. This action by Marknascar seems to me to be like a person who at the time was seeking attention and affirmation.

cook1947

Post by cook1947 »

Tedlark..Your post regarding Marknascar last night was so high school and a snotty dig directed to her. She had a ligitimate gripe if she felt she was being left out on chats and wanted webman as well as us to see how she felt about the whole thing. That took courage to lay it out in black and white where she knew that the same people who were giving her problems would read it, and she could never return to chat. Somehow, many kind people wrote encouragements inviting her back, because she would be missed. It should have been left alone at that point, and I was personally pleased to see that she made some comments during this contest, hoping the problem had gone away. Then you dredged it right up for everyone to see.
did you not see how many people dropped out on chat right about that time? You couldn't tell you had made a boo-boo? Iwish that some of the regulars would have said something to you at that point. Instead, they just all scattered. Marknascar was defendedon the forum, but not on chat where it would have made a difference,

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

How does a person "get left out of chats"? The chat feature is there for all of us, whether we chose to participate in it or not and sometimes it can stream at a fairly quick pace. Please remember that this website is worldwide and based on the amount of members the chat can get crowded. The chat feature, as someone else pointed out in the past, can be turned off. Please understand that when a person chooses to participate in chat, or in a forum, they open themselves up as not everyone will agree with them all of the time.

As for my post being high school and snotty that is you opinion and I am entitled to mine. I will not add to this forum thread after this post.

royal flush
Video Poker Master

Post by royal flush »

we are all over 21 and may make statements that others may not agree with. we should not make personal insults to the other members. also webman watches the forum to make sure the house rules are observed happy holidays to all and many royals in 2011