Keyboard Mis-cues

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Re: Keyboard Mis-cues

Post by BillyJoe »

Webman, as an addendum to this issue, now that the contest has started, I have seen no problems while playing in the contest. It still occurs, however, across the spectrum of non-contest games that are not LED.
UPDATE*** I played 10 full contest sessions, that's 2000 draws, and no failures. Something must be different in the regular games or scoring to cause the problem.  

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Played a few contest sessions this morning, WebMan, and no failures on the keyboard issue that I am seeing on the regular games. I guess my dealt RF will be safe in the contest, for now. 

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

WebMan, will the new website fix this problem? If so, go ahead and release it.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Yes, I think it will indeed. The games deploy more like the contests on the new site.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Just had a failure playing Ultimate X. No failures on contest so far. I hope that you are right..

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

If it's happening that frequently and you updated your flash player, you might try another browser for a short time.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Well, since this problem has just come up, and I do not think I made any changes to IE 8, I am not convinced it is the browser. If so, I would expect the same problems in other games, like LED or contest games.
I just went back, and re-installed Flash again. It gave me a different install screen this time, so maybe I did not actually install 10.1 the last time. It's on my PC now, and I will let you know if I still see failures on any games.
In any case, I hope the problem disappears with the new website.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Nope, just failed again on Wheel with QQs.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

It may not be the browser. But we haven't changed anything on the site either, so it's something. I'm puzzled. But glad it's working on the contests so odds are, it will be fine on the upgraded site as well.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Got my first dealt RF in a contest yesterday.  The game automatically held all the cards, so my worries about losing a dealt RF with this problem, at least in a contest, are gone. Of course, I could not even get in the Top Ten, much less in the money, with my good fortune. I guess I am just a bad VP player, but I was good enough to win a hat from somebody in Vegas last year.
Maybe next time...