Keyboard Mis-cues

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Keyboard Mis-cues

Post by BillyJoe »

Webman, I am having a problem, and am not sure if it is my PC or the VP programming. I use the keyboard when playing. I use the "enter" key or "space bar" for Deal and Draw, and I use the 1-5 keys to hold cards. Occasionally,  I will try to hold a card using one of the 1-5 keys, and the game executes a draw instead, with no cards held. It is highly intermittent, and I cannot make it fail. The only thing I notice is that the score board has updated, and thought maybe that has something to do with it. If I go play one of the Leading Edge Design games, like Multi-Strike STP, it never fails, but of course, there is no scoreboard on those games. I ran a HW diagnostic on my PC, and it checked out fine. I don't want to get a dealt RF on the next contest, and have it vanish when I try and hold the cards.
Any thoughts ??

clraiders
Forum Rookie

Post by clraiders »

BillyJo.....mine has done the same thing a number of times.....I of course thought it was me........gl;ad to know it isn't "always" me....so you are not alone

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

Same thing happens to me too, guys.  Can't wait to hear the reason/resolution.  Like you mentioned, BillyJoe, I stopped using num pad in anticipation of that RF.    Wasn't really necessary I'm sorry to say  but hope there's a resolution so I can at least speed up my game.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Well, Webman, now I am reasonably sure that it is not my PC. It fails on both my IBM Thinkpad running Windows XP, and also on my HP Mini running Windows 7. It has failed on multiple games, with the exception, as I said , of games that do not have a scoreboard.
 I hope this helps to a speedy resolution.

grandmamarcia
Forum Newbie

Post by grandmamarcia »

I have had a problem whenever there is a contest where during the game, my computer  freezes.  It only does it during contests-not during regular play.  Why?

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Any thoughts yet, WebMan? Had the same failure today. Contest starts tomorrow...tick..tick...tick..

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

No ideas right now. We've had people report this in an individual game before, but not across all games. I'd suggest some crumbs stuck in your keyboard , but since it isn't happening in the LED games, then it must be flash-related. The LED games run in Shockwave instead of Flash Player. Since I can't duplicate this here and it's so intermittent, it's really hard to diagnose. Can you try updating your flash player for me at:http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

I wasn't able to install it.   Don't know why.... Tried going into troubleshooting and became more confused. Thanks, anyway

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Ok, WebMan. I updated my PC with the latest version of both Flash and Shockwave. I will let you know if I see a failure again.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Well, I updated Flash, re-booted the PC, and fired up a game. Within the first five hands, it failed. I played about fifty more hands, and it failed again.
Let me know what I could do next to help get this resolved.