Forum Access

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Forum Access

Post by BillyJoe »

WebMan, I was using my HP Mini earlier today, at the auto shop while my car was serviced. Everything was fine. I got home, and signed back on using my Thinkpad laptop, but although it treats me as Gold in the games, it says that I am not logged on in Forum . I went back to the HP Mini, and can access forum fine (hence, this post). I tried refreshing Flash and deleting temp files and cookies on the laptop, but no change. Any ideas what is going on ?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

It shouldn't be flash-related. It's definitely something with the cookies. Try logging out on that machine and logging back in.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Well, no luck all the way around, Webman. I deleted cookies and temp files on both PCs, and then shut both of them down. I then re-started my Thinkpad. Gold games, but no forum member privileges. I am sending this post from my HP Mini, which comes up with the Gold Forum member privileges.

PLEASE launch the new site, and maybe all of this will go away.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Maybe. Maybe.Liftoff is tomorrow.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Maybe. Maybe.

Liftoff is tomorrow.

Same as the shuttle Discovery, right? I hope both go smoothly..

janemichaels

Post by janemichaels »

Just curious here webman, I can play on my mac, but not my ipad, will the new site take care of that? I can access vp.com, but the side sliders don't let me access anything but the first page. I think you mentioned something about an ipad app, i also haven't tried it on the iphone. Just curious. Thanks,

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Well, WebMan, I am sure that you are hip-deep in the challenges of the new website launch. I still have the same problems as before: (1) cannot access Forum as a member on my laptop (this post is from my HP Mini), and (2) selecting a number 1-5 to hold a card after a deal periodically kicks off a draw, with no cards held. Particularly frustrating if you were dealt trips.

I have tried all I know on both PCs, erasing temp files and cookies, re-loading flash - no results.
If you can help, it would be great.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Just curious here webman, I can play on my mac, but not my ipad, will the new site take care of that? I can access vp.com, but the side sliders don't let me access anything but the first page. I think you mentioned something about an ipad app, i also haven't tried it on the iphone. Just curious. Thanks, ipad and iphone deliberately do not allow flash player, so the site games will never work until Apple decides to unlock that ability.We have our first app coming out this weekend!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Well, WebMan, I am sure that you are hip-deep in the challenges of the new website launch. I still have the same problems as before: (1) cannot access Forum as a member on my laptop (this post is from my HP Mini), and (2) selecting a number 1-5 to hold a card after a deal periodically kicks off a draw, with no cards held. Particularly frustrating if you were dealt trips.

I have tried all I know on both PCs, erasing temp files and cookies, re-loading flash - no results.
If you can help, it would be great. Please see PM

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

billyjoe, I have had this happen on my notebook and laptop. I have found the spacebar to be so sensative, that even if you breathe on it, it deals. I have to make an effort to hold my hand up and away from it. Much like my piano teacher made me stop resting my hands while playing. Her slaps were brutal.