Loosest Vegas Video Poker

Where do you like to go? Who has good promos? Start a topic for your local area.
clwn2

Re: Loosest Vegas Video Poker

Post by clwn2 »

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

clwn2; I can honestly say 3 times in 13 years. Once at the GVR and twice at Sams Town. Never in Calif. or elsewhere.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Clwn2, nice edit.

I took no offense. I assmed your "original" post was tongue-in-cheek just like my grumbles. I've had many, many dealt royals so I have nothing to complain about. However, if whining will help I can grumble some more.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

Hey Shadow, I recently read a reader poll about LV beverages and they complained that the whine in LV was weak!

duckhunter
Forum Rookie

Post by duckhunter »

Shadowman, I have a question about the dealt royals.  My wife and I play sometimes at the Gold Strike in Tunica, where their are some machines that to hit the Jackpot (each machine is its own progressive) you will   have to be dealt the Royal, I been dealt 4 to the royal more time than I can count and maybe once in a while I would get one royal.  I have Hit the jackpot once had a Royal dealt on the bottom.  My question is have you noticed that the Royal was dealt more on one game than another.  These are Triple play nickles, 10 nickles per line and I have seen the Jackpot close to $19,000 several times.  There are several near $10,000. now.  None of the games are games that a person looking for correct payout would play.  MGM changed all the paytables.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

The odds of being dealt a RF is the same for all standard VP machines (52 card decks). Out of the 2,598,960 possible dealt hands you can get 4 royals. The divison tells you that you have a 1 chance in 649,740 of being dealt a royal.  

Since I play around 900K hands per year (600K dealt hands) I expect to get one dealt royal every year. Last year I had 3 dealt to me (beat the odds) but none on a multi-play. I doubt I have 650K dealt hands at multi-play in my life so I'm not at all surprised (even though I grumble about it ).

jrhfilms
Forum Newbie

Post by jrhfilms »

FYI... I was at Morongo in Palm Springs. Decided my first play was going to be at a 5 play quarter DDB machine. Within the first ten minutes I was dealt a RF. The poor pay schedule didn't seem to make much difference that night. It's all about the luck... after your perfect play stategy.

clwn2

Post by clwn2 »

Clwn2, nice edit.

I took no offense. I assmed your "original" post was tongue-in-cheek just like my grumbles. I've had many, many dealt royals so I have nothing to complain about. However, if whining will help I can grumble some more.

Just caught this one Shadow.  I was embarrassed by my post and tried to delete it before anyone could see it.  That was before I read the fine print that says you cannot delete your posts. I was worried that it would be taken the wrong way.  I am glad that you were not offended.   

As my wife would verify, I can appear abrasive from time to time, by accident of course.  I know that my reasoning does not always parallel mathematical fact and I tend to muddy the waters a bit with my thinking.

I think what I do most on this forum is vent about the unfairness of the rng.  If not that then I will usually be upset that my theories of the past were so far off the mark.  Somehow I rebel a bit at the simple(or complex) nature of the mathamatics behind the games.  No biggie because I always come around in the end!