keyboard miscues still happening

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
fjs
Forum Newbie

keyboard miscues still happening

Post by fjs »

As reported before by others.  The problem with the keyboard malfucntion continues. Attempting to hold a card with any of the number keys 1 thru 5 contunues to redeal the hand. The solution to this problem given in an earlier post does not resolve the problem. As I have tried them. I believe there is a problem in the program that must be addressed. Having to play each hand manually is very time consuming. Having tried to alter my playing habits so as not to use the number keys has become a task, that quite frankly is not worth the time or the effort. Unfortunatlely, having lost so many winning hands, I can honestly say that videopoker. com is about to lose a player. Which means that I will probably not be renewing my membership.

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

Webman, Unlike the previous poster, I don't profess to know whether this is a software problem or a hardware problem or somewhere in between.  I must confess that upon my first reading of these types of concerns, I thought that it might be due to operator error because the only time I had similar experiences was when I was near to "nodding off," and the re-deal would occur if my fingers accidentally made contact with the keyboard, possibly the space bar.  But later I presumed that operator error alone would not be enough for some of the people to complain.Then a couple different times I had occasion to sign in on a different computer at the residence of one of my relatives and I experienced this unintentional 5-card discard multiple times when I was wide awake.  I didn't track the frequency, but it might have been something in the neighborhood of a 2% rate.While there are certainly lots of differences between the two systems that I used, in general my equipment (which does not exhibit the problem) is older with all direct connections, using Firefox, and my relative's computer system is newer, uses wireless technology (router and keyboard) and an IE browser.  Neither used dial-up connections.I don't know if this information will help you to identify or solve this problem or not, but I thought I would pass it on.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

I've had this problem in the past with certain games but not all games. hence, it most likely is due to the game software itself. I believe ultimate X was the worst one for me.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

This is a tricky issue since we haven't been able to duplicate here in order to try for a meaningful solution. It could be something as quirky as keyboard drivers or settings. It doesn't sound like it's browser related. I'm curious whether the CVBNM keys have the same problem. I would guess that they do, since the function is the same but it might be helpful to know.Sorry we haven't been able to address this properly yet. If anyone experiencing this issue could post the following, we might be able to discern the problem better. We'll probably need at least 5 responses to start drawing any conclusions.1) Browser and version (found in the "help>about ___" menu)2) Flash player version3) Operating system (Windows 7, Windows XP, etc)4) Keyboard type (wired or wireless) and manufacturer5) Control Panel > Keyboard settings > Speed > Repeat Delay and Repeat RateFor #5, locate your Keyboard options in the Control Panel. This will vary based on operating system. On my computer, the "repeat delay" setting is a slider that is on the 3rd mark out of 4. Let's call that Repeat delay: 3/4.My repeat rate is all the way to the right, towards fast. Let's call that Repeat rate: 100% Fast.If we get this information from enough people, we can take the next step.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Actually, let's keep this simpler for now. For those experiencing the issue:1) Please report which game(s) it is happening on and we will look at those first. We know about Ultimate X, what else?2) If you play a session of a game long enough that you are convinced it is not happening for that game (but you experience the issue in other games) let us know what game that is.Bonus points for all the information listed in my previous post.New2vp, did you try the same games at your relative's residence as your own?

fjs
Forum Newbie

Post by fjs »

Webman, the same thing takes place using the CVBNM keys. Thank You for the advice and I will definetly use it. Hopefully that will straighten out the problem.  My problem occurs on Classic Single Hand (game king) Yet I have played the contests with no problem whatsoever. As soon as the problem occurs, usually after a few minutes of play. It will continue until I stop and play a few hands manually. After that I can switch back to the keyboard for a few hands until it occurs again.  So far I have not been able to pinpoint exactly why or when it decides not to hold the cards. Right now the only thing I've been doing is" drawing" with the " space bar" or "enter key," and holding by placing the cursor on card or cards. Can't rely on the alpha or numeric keys to hold cards

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Okay, so affected games so far are: Ultimate X, Classic Single Hand 

katsper
Forum Newbie

Post by katsper »

I've been having the same problem and it's actually gotten worse this week. It used to be intermittent but this week it's constantly happening.

I mostly play Classic Single Hand and contests, I don't think it's every happened in a contest.

Bonus questions :)

1-  IE 8, version 8.0.7600.16385
2-  Flash v. : 10.2.153.1
3- Windows 7
4- Dell laptop (wireless)
5- Repeat delay: 3/4   
    Repeat rate: 100% Fast

Hope this helps you figure this out!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Katsper, has it happened to you in Extra Action outside of the contest?"constantly happening" could end up being a good thing since it will be easier to duplicate if I ask you to try something.

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

New2vp, did you try the same games at your relative's residence as your own?Sorry, it's been a while ago, so I can't recall.  I was using the CVBNM method though.  When I make a repeat visit, I'll try again and report back.