Contest locking up

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
Paul_E_Wog
Forum Rookie

Contest locking up

Post by Paul_E_Wog »

The contest was working fine for me until last night when it started locking up while playing.  I'll try to give you as much information as I can because my guess is that if I'm having trouble, eventually other people probably will too.After selecting cards I'd hit "deal" and nothing would happen.  The "deal" button would go dark and everything would lockup.  To verify this I just now started a new game and it locked before giving me the initial draw.  As I was typing this, about 30 seconds later and with the game running in another tab, I could hear it do the deal.  It locked again after I selected the cards and another minute or so later I could hear the results come through. Last night when it happened I triggered it to start again by trying to close the window which got the "are you sure" box to pop up.  As soon as that happened it started the draw so I canceled.  But it soon did it again so I closed out the page.   I don't know for sure, and I'm not sure it matters, but I believe in both of the instances I've seen this I had just done a "refresh" to start again after being half way through a lousy game. I believe my flash updated yesterday morning to version 10.2.153.1, and wonder if it isn't a coincidence that the problem started soon after.  The browser is IE 9 v 9.0.8112.16421

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

That does sound like a flash player issue. Try clearing your browser cache as a first measure.I'll do some testing in ie9 with that version of flash player right away to see if there are any issues.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I see you mentioned version 10.2.153.110.2.159.1 is actually the newest version. In addition to clearing your browser cache, try downloading that. Please let me know if the problem persists after doing those two things.

Paul_E_Wog
Forum Rookie

Post by Paul_E_Wog »

That's the problem with using 2 browsers...  I usually use Firefox and that updated yesterday, but IE didn't so I just updated it now.I'll let you know if I have any other problems, but I played a few hands, refreshed and played a few more and all seems fine so far.Thanks!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Yeah, I use about 8 browsers on multiple computers and operating systems. So much fun!